Storage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage??

Well I'm real close to ordering a 10D, but I have a question. What do you do with the images on your cards each night? Do you just download them to a laptop hard drive, burn them on a CD?

Re: Storage??

Originally posted by T. Adams
    Well I'm real close to ordering a 10D, but I have a question. What do you do with the images on your cards each night? Do you just download them to a laptop hard drive, burn them on a CD?
    Tim, I've got a portable hard drive, mine's a "digital wallet" the company went banko or something so there is no support, but there are other makers out there with good units. What they are, essentially, is a laptop hard drive with battery and very small OS on a chip. I usually download my cards to that as the day progresses, then when I get a chance, or need the images, download from there to my main machine or laptop, from there, it's archiving by CD or now, via DVD burner..

That is, when I ever get round to archiving... I've got a bunch of images that I've yet to archive... not a good process trusting a hard drive but I've been lucky so far...

For sure, the portable storage devices are a great idea, as you can shoot till the cows come home on one or two cards.. I've seen them as low as $250 lately for a 20gb drive..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X