Hi Randy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Randy

Did I tell you that you can come out to the Air Race Addict home base whenever you are out there? It was fun having you and Brad around for the short time you were out there.
    Bill
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Re: Hi Randy

I'm not entirely sure that a T-38 would make it out to the basecamp...I mean, it's got some damn thin tires....

Comment

PLEASE RANDY, STOP! YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP! Just go put the tundra tires on, fly out gear down, (very fuel efficient), and just drive er out for the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
        PLEASE RANDY, STOP! YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP! Just go put the tundra tires on, fly out gear down, (very fuel efficient), and just drive er out for the afternoon.

Oh yeah...now THAT'S something I'd pay to see. A T-38 with the Tundra Tires off a Super Cub! I think you're on to something there, Bill! Field modification at it's best.

Comment

Re: Tundra tires

Originally posted by speeddemon
          Oh yeah...now THAT'S something I'd pay to see. A T-38 with the Tundra Tires off a Super Cub! I think you're on to something there, Bill! Field modification at it's best.
          Yeah Brad, we could call it the TUNDRA TALON!
          Last edited by Air Race Addict; 03-23-2004, 03:44 PM. Reason: Messed it up

Comment

I'm thinking that, given the fact that the wing is about as thick as a steak knife, there might be issues with tundra tires when it was time to retract the gear....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
              I'm thinking that, given the fact that the wing is about as thick as a steak knife, there might be issues with tundra tires when it was time to retract the gear....
              Randy... two words...

Wheel Pants!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I think those would be rather large wheel pants...

Dave
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by catalinadave
                  I think those would be rather large wheel pants...

Dave
                  Umm.... sort of like maybe these??
                  Attached Files
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bill, I am on camping out there in tundraville next to basecamp. I will bring plenty of "refreshment stock".. aka, ( marg mix, tequilla, triple sec....) Thanks for being so hospitable last year. John
                    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Well Randy, Like I mentioned, fly out to Reno gear down, OR, tie a pair on the bottom of the TUNDRA TALON next to your cargo pods. OR, I am sure we could find a way to mount a couple of the wheels from one of the ramp jeeps. I am totally positive that with the number of A&P's out there, (including myself), and the hardware hanging around out at Stead, we could find a way to make it happen. We wouldn't even need a jack. Just get a couple of guys to lift up each corner and slap those puppies on. Not sure what kind of paperwork we would need for a temporary configuration change, you could check with the Mtx chief in your squadron.
                      Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                      Last edited by Air Race Addict; 03-24-2004, 07:08 AM. Reason: messed up

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
                        Bill, I am on camping out there in tundraville next to basecamp. I will bring plenty of "refreshment stock".. aka, ( marg mix, tequilla, triple sec....) Thanks for being so hospitable last year. John
                        Sure John, we will be there. And it was nice to meet you as well. I am sure there is room out there for another tent or rig.

Comment

Working...
                        X