This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead Airport Manager?

Does anyone have a contact email or telephone for the Airport Manager at Stead?

I need to contact him/her and confirm when the runway extension will be done, so I can puch forward my *new* request to get a '38 to the races!

Re: Stead Airport Manager?

Originally posted by Randy Haskin

I need to contact him/her and confirm when the runway extension will be done, so I can puch forward my *new* request to get a '38 to the races!
    Randy, I don't have the number but the manager's name is Skip Pollak (unsure on spelling) you might want to contact RARA, their phone info is on the airrace.org site.. They'd not only have the info but would also be able to approve the "project" on their end...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

The -38 would be a great addition to the statics down on on the military end!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      The -38 would be a great addition to the statics down on on the military end!!

Wayne

C'mon Wayne.....don't encourage him. If you keep feeding him lines like that, it's only going to go to his head. I mean, his log-in is "USAF Fighter Pilot". Everyone knows the T-38 is a Trainer.

Now...if he put USAF TRAINER Pilot, I might be more impressed.

Comment

The AT-38C is, and I quote the USAF, "The World's Cheapest Fighter."

The real proof is that the pencil-pushers log my Smurf hours as "fighter" time instead of "trainer" time, and that my Air Force Specialty Code (the alpha-numeric designator for my job) is fighter instructor instead of flying training instructor.

Not everyone can be lucky enough to drive the big ones, though, Brad.

Comment

Not everyone can be lucky enough to drive the big ones, though, Brad.
          <in my best "Dad Haskin" voice>

"Don't make me stop this airplane.... "

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Try this:

Raymond L. Polak
            Airport Manager - Stead Airport

<admin edit.. Please use the Private Message system for exchange of personal details. Do not put them in public view. Thank You>

Tell 'em I sent ya.

MAE - Comments@Reno-SteadAirport.com

Comment

Randy: Sorry to see that Air Force is out of the Big Dance. Go Muskies! (XU) Peas
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Not everyone can be lucky enough to drive the big ones, though.

And how. "Why yes....I fly the big ones."

Comment

okay...

Fighter time....trainer time...whatever trips your trigger.

The real questions is: Can you hover?
                  Glenn Bloom
                  www.helicopterpage.com

Comment

Re: okay...

Originally posted by CoastieAux
                    The real questions is: Can you hover?
                    I can.

Momentarily.

Just before I fall out of the sky like a brick.

Comment

Re: Hover

Okay...I guess the question NOW is: Can you sustain a hover?
                      Glenn Bloom
                      www.helicopterpage.com

Comment

Originally posted by M.A. Edwards
                        Try this:

Raymond L. Polak
                        Airport Manager - Stead Airport

<admin edit.. Please use the Private Message system for exchange of personal details. Do not put them in public view. Thank You>

Tell 'em I sent ya.

MAE - Comments@Reno-SteadAirport.com

Wayne, that info came from the Nevada Bell phone book, the Stead Airport Newsletter, and Skip Polak's business card. It's public info, not personal details, contact info that anybody involved in the event can and should have in their address book. Most pilots have that in their bag out here, but others from out of state might not....

Getting a little touchy here, aren't we?

MAE

Comment

Originally posted by M.A. Edwards
                          Wayne, that info came from the Nevada Bell phone book, the Stead Airport Newsletter, and Skip Polak's business card. It's public info, not personal details, contact info that anybody involved in the event can and should have in their address book. Most pilots have that in their bag out here, but others from out of state might not....

Getting a little touchy here, aren't we?

MAE
                          Not really Mark. I have in the past and will continue to edit posts that put in public view on this forum, phone numbers of individuals, be they public figures or private individuals.

It's mainly my responsiblity to keep this system in order, the way that I think is best. I know everyone is not in total agreement as to *how* that might be done, absent any valid reason to change the way that I've decided to do it, however, I'm going to keep doing it the way I'm doing it.

There is a private message system on this board that I've asked in the past, and will continue to ask, where this sort of information is shared.

Despite those who would argue that this forum is a bastion of "free speech" in reality, it is my "virtual living room" in which all are invited to exchange information and ideas, by the rules of that "living room".

I don't think any of my requests for "decorum" are ever unreasonable.

Thanks,
                          Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

HEY....

I thought we were debating the 'hovering' qualities of the P-3 vs. the AT-38 here....there's no room for politics.

Mark...Wayne....if you can't play nice I'm going to pull the car over for real.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              HEY....

I thought we were debating the 'hovering' qualities of the P-3 vs. the AT-38 here....there's no room for politics.

Mark...Wayne....if you can't play nice I'm going to pull the car over for real.

Me? Not nice?? just tryin to get everyone to "read the fine print"...

I'm pretty sure that there are few out there who would want their phone number published on this forum

Particularly, the phone number of someone who is being sued by the person who published that phone number..

In Other Words... there aint no grinding wheel in the house...

Axes get ground down at the hardware store up the street a way's...

No matter how off handed it might seem, we're not stepping into any piles of dog doo doo left round by *anyone*...

First and foremost, this is a FRIENDLY place...

The above not withstanding, phone numbers are not allowed in public messages.. *sigh* I guess I'll have to take the time to write out a clearly spelled out set of RULES and REGULATIONS...

I don't think my request by edit of M.A's post was rude in any way.. it was an edit and a request notification... that's what PM's are for...

Now... start the car up daddy... before we take away your walker!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X