digital camera what kind do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital camera what kind do you use?

We decided to open up the photo gallery a bit by adding a couple of new sections, as well as changing the title of the basic forum.

I have noticed that several of the photos lately have been submitted by those who have made the switch to digital photography. Some of the work we're seeing is very good!

So this begs the question: what type of digital camera are you using to shoot your airplane photos?

I do not personally know much about any of the available hardware, beyond Nikon and Canon... I know some of you are using point and shoot cameras, some are into SLR's..

Throwing open the discussion..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: digital camera what kind do you use?

olympus c-700 baby, ya!
    Attached Files
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Oly C-5050Z: pretty good camera, 5mp, small enough to fit behind my elbow in the glider. I'm lusting after a Canon 10D (or its successor) and some serious glass, though.
      SteveZ

Comment

Recent convert to the Canon 10D, still learning how to utilize all the bells and whistles. I should have it figured out by September. It's a big change from the Olympus OM-1's matched needle system. Also have a Olympus C-730 (3.2 MP) in the camera bag that my son uses.

I'm extremely pleased with the 10D so far.

Rick

Comment

Well, let's see, what day of the week is it? Actually, usually my shooting is with a Nikon D100, with a Sigma 15-30, Nikon 24-85 AF-S, or Nikon 80-400 VR most of the time, although there are a few odd lenses that get occasional use, a Nikon 16/2.8 fisheye, a Nikon 50/1.8 (remember those?), a Tamron 14/2.8, a beat up old Nikon 80-200/2.8, etc.

For snaps, I often have a Canon PowerShot S110 Digital Elph with me, and the Nokia 3650 phone will do in a pinch if I don't need great quality. My Sony DCR-PC120 shoots 1.5MP stills as well as video, and I have been known to pull frames from my JVC JY-HD10U HD (720p) camcorder as well.

Through the years I have also shot with and more or less retired a Nikon Coolpix 950 and 990, a Canon Pro90 IS and a Kodak DCS460.

If I could just stop spending money on camera gear, maybe that new race plane would be done...
          Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
            If I could just stop spending money on camera gear, maybe that new race plane would be done...
            Jeff, speaking of which... how's the progress going?

I know a watched pot never boils but I'm increasingly curious, especially since you've let me in, a bit (non-disclosure ) on the details...

Gonna be down your way in, either late June or early July (depending on when Beer Nazi gets outta school for the summer) mebbie a chance to stop by and take a peek??

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, most of the major airframe construction is done, but the details always consume a lot of time. We are still going to try to make the PRS to get some track time before Sept., but no guarantees. There shouldn't be a problem with getting to Reno in Sept. though. Let me know when you're in town and you can take a peek at what's in the hangar.
              Jeff Lo
              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Minolta DiMage Z1

Comment

10D right now, and if the taxman is nice to me next year, maybe a new 1DmkII.

Comment

Working...
                  X