Tickets...conflicting info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets...conflicting info.

Last year I bought a 5 day pit pass, and a single reserved seat for each day Thurs.-Sun., in advance though the mail. I never did use my tickets though as I was in the pits the entire week , or wandering around.

I asked RARA via e-mail if I could just get a 5 day pitpass and be done with it, because I will not use a seat. They replied I need a ticket to get to the area to get pit passes. I know this is not true though. Last year I entered everyday through the far West gate down by the Sport/Bi-plane pits. All I did was flash my 5 day pit pass wrist band, and they let me in. Never once was I asked for a ticket, and never once did I show them a ticket.

So what do you think, so I take a chance and just get the 5 day pass? Or should I buy a single seat again each day, and just sell them here?

Tim,

It's always been that way. If the gate folks were letting you in without a ticket, they goofed, and likely, they will not do it again this year after RARA reads this.

If you don't use the seats, then general admission and pit access season passes are probably the best way to go.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As a follow up I just received an e-mail that the gate I entered every day was for racers and performers. What?? You could have fooled me, there was plenty of general public entering this gate all weekend.

Looks like I let the cat out of the bag on this one!!! OOPS!!

Comment

Thanks a lot Tim!

Comment

A NAG pass is all access, so you don't need the ticket. It must be bought before Weds I believe.

Comment

re: Tickets

Tim,
            I have to assume that the only way you got the Pit Pass was because you had purchased the seats. The wrist band you had was the indication to the gate personnel that you had indeed paid the man. In regards to NAG, they really do have about the best deal going. Especially if all the time you spend inside is in the pits.
            Cheers,
            Bill aka: Air Race Addict

Comment

Re: re: Tickets

Originally posted by Unregistered
              In regards to NAG, they really do have about the best deal going. Especially if all the time you spend inside is in the pits.
              Cheers,
              Bill aka: Air Race Addict
              No, you've got it wrong. The best deal going is to enter the biplane race. Just $250 and you get pit passes for the week for you *and* your crew (that get you in the racers and performers gate, no less), 2 tickets for the Chairmans's club, several tickets to the banquet, a program, cute little medallions and plaques, and at the end of the week they PAY you! Oh yeah, there is that little matter of actually having a plane, insurance, etc., etc. I guess that is why they started requiring that they actually see a plane on the ramp before they let you check in...too many people were "entering" and getting the goodies but not actually bringing a plane to race
              Jeff Lo
              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Re: Re: re: Tickets

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                No, you've got it wrong. The best deal going is to enter the biplane race. Just $250 and you get pit passes for the week for you *and* your crew (that get you in the racers and performers gate, no less), 2 tickets for the Chairmans's club, several tickets to the banquet, a program, cute little medallions and plaques, and at the end of the week they PAY you! Oh yeah, there is that little matter of actually having a plane, insurance, etc., etc. I guess that is why they started requiring that they actually see a plane on the ramp before they let you check in...too many people were "entering" and getting the goodies but not actually bringing a plane to race
                That is clever.
                Hmmmmmmm?
                Maybe I need to round up all the eligible looking biplanes that are allready here and rent them out for pit fillers?

Comment

Re: Tickets

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                  HEH, HEH, very funny. LOL. It happens that I know Carl Gruber and his Chief Mech who is going to be needing a mech himself possibly this year. (My in?) Time will tell.
                  Bill (aka: Air Race Addict)

Comment

Working...
                  X