new racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new racers

I have heared rumors of a do-335 in south dokata somewhere that is being race prepped for reno.... I may be able to get a pic in a couple of weeks when my friend comes to visit.

I would say that is as close to imposible as one can get seeing how there are no airworthy Do-335s and the only one that I know exists is owned by the NASM and was restored by Dornier in Germany.

This would also be one of those, "I'd love to see but not worth the risk." But still, please come up with photos! And I'm sorry if I rained on your parade.

BP
    Last edited by W J Pearce; 02-08-2004, 09:41 AM.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Must be owned by the same guy with the F-82 racer...

Comment

I did a lot of looking into the F-82 rumors and there are at least two F-82's being worked on that no one will talk about. One is involved in a lot of controversy and probable law suit
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
          I would say that is as close to imposible as one can get seeing how there are no airworthy Do-335s and the only one that I know exists is owned by the NASM and was restored by Dornier in Germany.

This would also be one of those, "I'd love to see but not worth the risk." But still, please come up with photos! And I'm sorry if I rained on your parade.

BP
          Bill, ya never know. Maybe someone actually made a replica, stranger things have happened. Back when MA2 was being built, a lot of people did not know about it (many did though) so actually getting away with doing something like this and not having anyone who would say something about it finding out would be pretty unlikely... but... we can always hope!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Im not at liberty to discuss the lawsuit.DT04

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Did you notice how I did not say it would be imposible? I also have never said impossible about the F-82. I don't think it will happen, I don't think that they could build something on that scale quietly, and I don't know why they would want too. But... rephrasing what I said, I think these two project are just barely on the possible side of impossible.

And as always, good luck to Wildfire, Frostbite, Shockwave, American Spirit, Machbuster/other Wildfire, Double Threat, Racewaffe (Do-335), Unknown, and the super secret Octo-Threat!

Whew,

Bill
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Octo-Threat? Details, please.
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: new racers

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                  I have heared rumors of a do-335 in south dokata somewhere that is being race prepped for reno.... I may be able to get a pic in a couple of weeks when my friend comes to visit.
                  Any info on power &/or pilot? Gotta be at PRS unless it's a current pilot...
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Peas,

If I told you, it would not be super secret now would it? (Shhhhh.... It's not real, neither is "Unknown". Octo-Threat is a spoof I made up but the timing has never been right to post..... don't tell anyone!)

Bili Hut
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

I think that if this could happen anywhere without people noticeing South Dakota is the place. Cant wait to get more info but my friend is a bit of a wanderer and hard to get a hold of. as I said he is scheduled for a visit soon and in his strange email he said somethin about spy pics. we'll see...........

Comment

BTW, Racewaffe is a great name!!

Comment

I'm getting a feeling that there is some validity to this (a strange coincidence). Although I think it is not full-scale. I hope more info comes soon. If one is out there being built, better hurry up. September is just around the corner, especially if the engine question has not been answered.

Bill
                          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

a twin engined single body design is completely feasible for racing, i've toyed with the idea a bit. but it's just simpler to have one engine, half as amny systems to go wrong and a lot less weight.

straight line it would be a monster but in turns it would probably come wide unless it had really good wing loading.

i would like to see something along the lines of the pond racer concept (not the layout however) in that it has two small powerful engines, very little frontal area, turbos, etc. that i think would be a very fast plane, given time to develop.
                            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I heard Russ Wicks is going to be the pilot...

Comment

Working...
                              X