Mixed emotions: Miss A paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed emotions: Miss A paint

I just went to see Miss America's new paint job and I must say I have mixed emotions.

For those who have not seen it, it is a little different. The vertical fin and elevators are different. The horizontal mimics the wings, which is cool. The rudder is hard to explain, but the red and blue are like a waving flag.

Who ever did the paint did a really nice job, but I have mixed feelings about it. On some levels it is like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. It is something so sacred that I would never think of changing it from what it has always been. On the other hand, it is not my airplane and I have no room to say what should or should not be there. I can not fault Brent for making it HIS airplane once and for all.

I put a lot of time into that airplane and no matter if it is all white with a little blue and red, it is still N991R, the airplane I loved since I was a little kid.

What is your opinion?

opinion

....first,
    Who are you ?

......so are we to be like fire departments everywhere,
    200 years of tradition, in spite of progress?

......yes I can directly empithise with the emotional ties from nostalgia, especially from things directly from our lives....

.....now link us and you to that plane please.

.......oh,yeah....I think the paint job is pretty spiffy!....
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Please post (revised MissA V.2.0) link

I have been die'in to see it - are there any shots to look at? Please provide a shot or two - or - three - or five - or - twelve...

Comment

Re: Please post (revised MissA V.2.0) link

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I have been die'in to see it - are there any shots to look at? Please provide a shot or two - or - three - or five - or - twelve...
        Brent was going to send us something back before Reno... I had hoped to get some shots of her at Vegas but weather kept him from getting there..

I'll shoot him a request and see what we can come up with.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Reno 1979 -- the classic paint scheme...
          Attached Files

Comment

The other board.....

There is a picture over on WAP. It is in the Air Racing forum under the heading: Miss America Paint Scheme Debut.

Comment

It looks just fine to me. Still a fan of the old scheme though... the new one is just a little different is all.
              Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                It looks just fine to me. Still a fan of the old scheme though... the new one is just a little different is all.
                Hummn... new paint.. now all we need is a clipped canopy, turtledeck... strega/dago/voodoo style scoop yea! That's the ticket...

Go DOC GO!!!

Ya gotta love Docter Brent!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I like it! It's just new, so it takes time to get use to the change.

Comment

At least there's not any 'kelp' painted down the side of the fuselage.....

Comment

Looks fine to me...not a big change. Anybody know what the bottom color scheme looks like?

Don

{edited for you Wardog...LOL}
                      Last edited by hattend; 01-29-2004, 10:30 AM.

Comment

well.......it's got a scoop, landing gear...............

sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Bad dog, baaad dog!!!

xxoo Race 21

Comment

here is a pic

....first,
                            Who are you ?

Glenn Bloom.

I was on the team for about 4 years. Now I do Ramp Security.

Comment

GS How are ya

Glenn....I surley appreciate the ride back to camp Risky (Bad attitude) on the cart via the flight line...got some shots...Surely appreciate it...hope to see ya Reno next year....
                              Randy Rheinschild
                              www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Working...
                              X