New Canon 1DmkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canon 1DmkII

Well the news is out. Once again Nikon takes a back seat. Well that's my guess anyway, we'll have to wait for the reviews.
    8.5mp, 8 fps, looks like one hell of a camera.

Go here for more info.

Time to start buying "Big White Lenses", Wayne!!

Re: New Canon 1DmkII

Originally posted by T. Adams
    Well the news is out. Once again Nikon takes a back seat. Well that's my guess anyway, we'll have to wait for the reviews.
    8.5mp, 8 fps, looks like one hell of a camera.

Go here for more info.

Time to start buying "Big White Lenses", Wayne!!
    LOL Tim... realistically, depending on the price, what it *might* mean is that I'd actually be able to afford a used 1D....

Now is this body making me salivate.. yes.. even though, it would mean a large sell off of all my "N" gear..

Looks pretty hot, indeed!!!

You gonna get one??

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well??????????

Am I going to get one?? I close on my house in 3 days, so if I get a digital it looks like it will be the used 1D. Unless I win the lotto.

Comment

I also caught wind a month or so ago about the replacement for the 10D, I believe it was going to be the 10xD but I'd suspect, it'll be 10D II or something...

Did not get any specs on it but, I'd bet it'll have better fps than current and much larger buffer... dunno on the AF system.

I'm pretty much a convert, just don't currently have the change to make the swap. Would love to tho..

Realistically tho... if 1D bodies get down to $2200-2500 range, especially if a "low time" one were available, that would be a very tempting purchase.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

MMMmmmm....Toys... more toys. Looks like something else I
          have to beg the boss for.

Robert

Comment

Here it is...in English

Here it is, in all it's glory. MSRP $4.499, street price?? Nobody knows yet.

Comment

Re: Here it is...in English

Originally posted by T. Adams
              Here it is, in all it's glory. MSRP $4.499, street price?? Nobody knows yet.
              http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2/index.html
              That's gonna be a *bit* too pricey for me...

My guess is, unless Canon realizes that they could steal most of the pro shooters by sticking the price down much lower, that it will be sold at about the MSRP for a while at least...

The guy at dpreview.com had two images up from the demo camera he had.. until Nikon kicked him in the butt anyway.. I managed to download them and play with them prior to the link being removed..

I have to say.. This camera looks AWESOME!

I played with them a bit, upsized one to a print size of over 44 inches at 300dpi and I did not even use Genuine Fractals, I just resampled it, quick and dirty and it looked fantastic.

The noise at 1600 ISO was totally acceptable (who shoots that high anyway) The detail that held up at the dirty upsize was amazing. Text remained crisp, hair on a stuffed animal remained clean.

Those pixels are holding a LOT of detail

I want one of these so bad, I could not sleep last night but, alas.. I can't really afford three grand, let aone 44 or 45 hundred bux..

I'd find a way at three... I can find no way at this price... <snif>

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is this the picture?

Pretty damn amazing for ISO 1600.

Comment

Working...
                X