PLANES OF FAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLANES OF FAME

I was down at Planes Of Fame this last week and i saw tucked behind a p-51b, a modified bearcat fuselage. the cowling was tight and the canopy looked similar to Conquest One. the tail also had been squared off. Any Info on this Stray Bear? possibly Super Bearcat?

which facility? there's no p51b in chino. there's a bearcat that's SLOWLY being restored, but it's a stocker. which hangar were you in? maybe I can provide more info about the a/c in question - I'm in CNO every Saturday

Comment

It must have been the A , sorry. it was in the south west hanger on a big cart.

Comment

ah...the A-36 (we also have a P-51A in the same hangar). the Bearcat is actually stock, but is still in the process of a slow restoration. It's owned by several of the pilots/staff at the museum and they work on it as time permits. I've been going out there for 10 years and they've been working on it for at least that long! I believe it's a former CAF bird, but I'd have to look that up and confirm. It's what is commonly known as a 'money taker' and not a 'money maker' which is why it's currently sitting in the back. once the jobs that pay the bills are finished, I'm sure the guys will get back on it. who knows, in another 10 years we may see it fly :-)

Comment

Working...
        X