This Just In: Jeff Lee - You Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Just In: Jeff Lee - You Rock!

I don't know how many of you actually saw the World of Wings episode that was intended to be a pilot for a continuing series.. It covered the 2000 Reno Air Races, particulary, Dago Red, Rare Bear, Critical Mass, Miss America, Strega and Voodoo.. Pilot interviews, excellent production, did I mention Excellent pilot interviews?? Anyway, it was an example of what this man can do.. Well... He produced the TV spot for the Nellis Air Show last year and it turned out VERY COOL!

click here it you want to see it. -warning- BIG file

Well, Jeff just got a great award for the spot and I wanted ya'll to know about it...

CONGRATULATIONS JEFF LEE! YOU ROCK!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

XXXXXXXXXXXX

JANUARY 2, 2005 _ AUSTIN, TX -- The 2003 Communicator Awards have announced their winners for this year’s video competition. World of Wings has been honored with the highest award, the Crystal Award of Excellence, for the Aviation Nation 2003 television commercial "Be a Part of History". The commercial was produced and directed by Jeff Lee of Lee Production Services/Austin. Jeff has worked with World of Wings since 2000 as the Director of Media Productions. In addition to the fast-paced, multi-layered visuals, a big part of the production was the contribution of Bob Allen, of Gold Coast Broadcasting in Ventura California. Bob added multiple audio effects to his voice track that mixed with the music to create added excitement for the Las Vegas television audience.

This award represents the third Communicator Award received by World of Wings. "Reno 2000: People, Passion, Pistons, and Power", and "Welcome to Reno 2001" received Crystal Awards of Distinction. The "Be a Part of History" commercial is the first Crystal Award of Excellence for World of Wings.

Earlier in December, the International Council of Air Shows honored World of Wings with a 2nd place in the large air show category for the radio version of Be a Part of History. The Aviation Nation web site, created by Wayne Sagar, also received a 2nd place in the large air show category.

Bob Avery, President of World of Wings said, “I can always count on my creative team to produce the best media in the air show industry. Not only does it do its job of promoting our events, but gains national and international recognition at the same time.”

Congratulations to all, and buckle that seatbelt to see what’s next!

XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Congrats

Very, very nice. Now if we can just get RARA to allow someone to bring in some HD (Hi-Definition) equipment and film we would be set. I was watching Discovery HD the other day when they had a one hour special on the Blue Angels. It was shot entirely in HD and in 2000. Well to my suprise there was some footage of their performance in Reno, in HD!! They also showed some crowd shots, but unfortunately no other planes, other than a glimpse.

Hi-Def is here to stay, but with all the stuff going on with RARA I hold out little hope that anybody will carry it in HD.

What is strange is that the Japanese crew that was all over the place that week was filming with HD cameras I believe. Too bad we'll never see it.

Anyway, great job on the commercial, it plays real well with a cable modem.

Comment

Great Job.

Man that was an awesome commercial....no wonder it won top honors...Hats off to all who made the Aviation Nation Week a really top week in Aviation....you too Wayno.....
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Jeff,

A real pleasure to work with you and congrats big time on the win. You and your crew did an outstanding job.
        Look forward to this year's event
        Connie

Comment

Jeff,

Congrats. WELL DESERVED!!! I'll be sure to forward a copy of the press release to ICAS when I return to work next week.

Is there a Web Site to go to that talks about the awards, selection criteria and who judged the competition?

Would love to forward that on as well.

Drop me a note at the office. You have the e-mail address.

Chuck

Comment

Great work and...

...I'll be back! Ha, you guys - I am there in spirit. Regards, and keep the fire alive it is only going to get better - bigger.

Congratulations to Bob, Jeff, Wayne and those who properly supported and assisted! You deserve this award and more.

Regards, Mitch.

Comment

Working...
            X