No announcement yet.

Listening to the Stock Hellcat, Bearcat and Trojan Round the Pylons Was Amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to the Stock Hellcat, Bearcat and Trojan Round the Pylons Was Amazing

Hearing these three flying around yesterday was just amazing, the sound was so unique to each aircraft.

I for one would enjoy hearing a lot more of these stockers, imagine a field full all the various warbird types flying around.

Re: Listening to the Stock Hellcat, Bearcat and Trojan Round the Pylons Was Amazing

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Hearing these three flying around yesterday was just amazing, the sound was so unique to each aircraft.

I for one would enjoy hearing a lot more of these stockers, imagine a field full all the various warbird types flying around.

CAF posted a video of the Bearcat running the pylons and I agree 100%. For anyone that hasn’t heard a P-63 fly and thinks because it’s an Allison it’ll sound like a P-40 or Shanty Irish.... man are you in for a treat
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Listening to the Stock Hellcat, Bearcat and Trojan Round the Pylons Was Amazing

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      CAF posted a video of the Bearcat running the pylons and I agree 100%. For anyone that hasn’t heard a P-63 fly and thinks because it’s an Allison it’ll sound like a P-40 or Shanty Irish.... man are you in for a treat
      I've seen a P-63 race twice. Same one, two very different paint schemes.
      The first time it was raced by Steve Hinton.
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I’ve never seen a P-63 in person. I can’t wait.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I remember seeing Bob Reiser's P-63, not sure of the spelling, when he based out of Stockton. Painted bright reddish orange as a target tug. I was at the Stockton airshow probably back in the 80's and these smart guys from UOP walked by his aircraft and told Bob his sign was wrong that his aircraft was a P-39. Now, you would figure that if the man owns and flies the aircraft, he would know what he had. The ensuing discussion was very interesting.
          Last edited by Reever; 06-17-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to shooting this as it rounds the pylons. It does sound really good.

It would be cool to see the stock Bearcat and Hellcat run as well.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              I'm really looking forward to shooting this as it rounds the pylons. It does sound really good.

It would be cool to see the stock Bearcat and Hellcat run as well.

Will
              Nice shot Will, P63s are cool.

Lets hope someone steps up to the plate and brings a P47 as well.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-17-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X