Return of the King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the King

I went to see "Return of the King" last night....and I was excited to hear a bit of dialogue referencing that a fleet of "Corsairs" was on it's way to a battle.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered they were talking about pirate ships!

heh heh

(tongue in cheek for those of you who are humor impaired).

D'oh!

What's even more disappointing is that when I read your subject line, I thought perhaps Elvis or Richard Petty were coming back....

....imagine my disappointment.

Comment

Re: D'oh!

Originally posted by speeddemon
      I thought perhaps Elvis or Richard Petty were coming back....
      C'mon...everyone knows The King never left!

Comment

I think I saw the King at a Denny's in Kansas City over the holidays.

Comment

I thought I saw the King in San Francisco not too long ago. But I took another look and it turned out to be a queen!

BP
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Elvis

I don't know if anyone recalls this, but after a real bad top end fire, in Memphis, John Force gets out of his car and tells the announcer "I think I saw Elvis at 1000 feet"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              I think I saw the King at a Denny's in Kansas City over the holidays.
              When I flew to Sun-n-Fun in April, on United, listening in on the pilot dood freq... when we flew through Memphis Center's airspace, I will swear on a stack of bibles... Evlis was working a shift (very short one) at the center...

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Michael J. Fox is the evil anti-Elvis

Who built the pyramids?

Who built Stonehinge?

Elvis needs boats.....

Comment

Re: Elvis

Originally posted by T. Adams
                  I don't know if anyone recalls this, but after a real bad top end fire, in Memphis, John Force gets out of his car and tells the announcer "I think I saw Elvis at 1000 feet"
                  Could you imagine John Force in an Unlimited? He'd be belly landing around 400mph flipping over a few times jumping out and yelling "that old dog she's just aint fast enough, why can't we put nitro in these birds"
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Re: Return of the King

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                    I went to see "Return of the King" last night....and I was excited to hear a bit of dialogue referencing that a fleet of "Corsairs" was on it's way to a battle.
                    (tongue in cheek for those of you who are humor impaired).
                    Hey Randy, I haven't seen the movie yet. Were they only able to shoot 2,800 arrows, or were they "Supered" up to 4,360 of them.

Yes this is a major groaner.

Clay
                    Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Speaking of movies..........(but still kinda off topic)

I remember a couple years ago I saw on Pylon1 that an IMAX movie had been filmed about the Air Races. It was supposed to be pretty hot stuff. Does anyone know what ever happened to it? I don't think it ever came out.

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

corsairs

Randy,
                        I have two,yep two corsairs out in the race trailer!

........again you will be disappointed.......they are 100cc
                        rotary valve kart engines about 23hp air cooled...

....next time you overfly NAS JAX....go ahead and ROAR....
                        .....unlike some, I like the show you guys give from your training
                        exercises!.....

Best of ALL in the new year, Everyone!
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                          Speaking of movies..........Does anyone know what ever happened to it? I don't think it ever came out.
                          Two Nine... I've spoken with people involved with the project and, they are still seeking funding to complete the movie. At Reno, they shot some footage but not enough to complete the project... (I believe they were there in 2001 and there were no races to film)

Sort of like the Dave de Vos project... $$$$ are needed to bring this grand sport to the public.

I think there is increasing interest in air racing within the movie industry, I know of another script (beyond Dave's) floating around that is a really interesting story..

It's going to be interesting to see if any of the pilot/actors in Hollywood who are in positions to make something like this happen will become interested in such a project..

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for the update Wayne!

I thought they had filmed a little more in 2002, but I could be wrong.

There was talk awhile back about Tom Cruise buying an air racer, but he was going to hire a pilot to fly it. He's got a stock mustang already, and it's pretty well known he's a racing nut. (maybe he's secretly funding Sani-Hut's project ) Wayne, you really need to get a "tongue in cheek" icon! LOL

What ever happened to the days when "Airwolf", "ChiPs" or "Six Million Dollar Man" would have an episode at the Air Races. It would be great to see one from say "The Tracy Morgan Show" or "Friends"! How about "National Lampoon's RENO Vacation"? Clark Griswald goes Air Racing, that would be hilarious! Not that it's going to happen anytime soon. I guess I'll have to keep watching my worn out tapes of Jan Michael, Ponch, and Steve Austin! Those were the days!

Carbon dating myself,
                            Race 29
                            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

CARBON DATED

And don't forget Iron Eagle 3...
                              I used to keep a tape next to the machine in the 80's just to tape those few seconds of airplane "stuff" that showed up while I was surfing. I have 3 tapes of little "clips" of everything from Airwolf, Cannon, Hogans Heroes, heck, even a Green Acres episode had a Mustang in it.
                              Wish they would do more of that stuff today.
                              How about Jesse James and "Monster Hanger"?
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X