RARE BEAR CREW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARE BEAR CREW?

I am arriving in Reno on the morning of the 1st. I am traveling with 2 of my brothers and family on a ski trip to Tahoe. I would LOVE, repeat, LOVE to be able to show them the plane that I rave about all year long. If anyone will be at the cave on the morning of the 1st( I know it is alot to ask beings the late night beforehand) doing maintenance or any other duties. I can bring a donation with me........ We will be arriving at 9:00 am local time. Thanks from your biggest fan, even bigger than Clayemon...LOL
    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Waking The Bear

Hello John

Check your email

Merry Xmas

dwave

Comment

I am always there, if you come by around 10 I will let youn in.

Elliott
      STRESS

Comment

Is this the best, most accomodating crew or what!?!

Standing ovation for the Bear crew!!

Here, here!
        Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I say they are. Thanks so much. Is she still in the big hanger next to the tower? I can't wait, up close and personal!!! See yall in a few days..

Comment

After getting our rental van and all it should be around 10 or so when we get out there. Thanks again Dwave and Radialnut....

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
              I say they are. Thanks so much. Is she still in the big hanger next to the tower? I can't wait, up close and personal!!! See yall in a few days..
              PM Elliott and get better directions than I can give you but the hangar is not the same old wood one that I think you're thinking about.

She's located two hangar rows east of American Air Racing... Elliott should be able to give you better directions though.. Have fun with the Bear!! Give her spnner a kiss for Beer Nazi!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Will do WayneO....... And let me give you another thanks to you for this great communication tool you provide!!!

Comment

if you don't mind i'd like to go out and see how she's doing to...
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Sure come on out. To get to the bear cave drive down the hanger rows when you come to the only hanger that has grass turn, its hanger # 5613 plus it will probably be the only one open on new years day.

Elliott
                    STRESS

Comment

Well I made it back from the frozen tundra of Reno and Tahoe!! We couldn't make the trip out on the 1st when we arrived due to the bad weather. We figured we needed all the time we could to get up the mountain. And that was a smart choice indeed. Anyway, I got some justice on tuesday!!! On our way back to the airport I got the gang to head out to Stead. They all kept ragging me about having a love affair with an airplane. Little do they know that they are so correct... We will just keep that between ourselves, ok?
                      So here I am acting all like a big shot, I am all ready to get an upclose look and feel of the real deal!! No more settling for the cotton shirt with her screened on the front. I am poised to get gold and white metal on my skin and hands.... The moment gets closer, we exit off of 395.... Getting closer to the cave I start rattling off some stats as to why she is the best.... Finally we enter the airport at the sport class hanger... I am in HEAVEN!!!! Now to meet the angel that beacons me..... Row after row we search.... No open doors......on all the rows Oh my god!!! I can't find her...... Alas.. John Parker to the rescue!!!! I got a chance to meet with him and he was gracious enough to stop what he was doing and talk with a fan (desperate fan at that) After a while I told him my plight.... I had no idea which hanger she was in. He told me the number an off I went!! Yippeee I was gonna make it!!! I will share with all of you the pics that I took... I hope they they will post correctly, this is my first time. If they don't all of this will be for not....

Comment

Oh, John!

Oh, John ...

Please tell me that you were able to 'Bag the Bear"

I got home Tuesday eve and got your message at home that you were on your way to Stead Field that day. Realized that I had not made sure you had the office # and that we would be back on the field starting Monday.

Saw Elliot today and he said you guys had not made phone contact. Bless John Parker if he was able to direct you to the 'Cave' and enable you to make believers of your hearty crew.

At the very least I would have loved to have you come by the RARA hanger to see Voodoo, Precious Metal, a Golden Era race replica, Migs, et al in our hanger. Along with an opportunity to jump up and down on top of Home Plyon.

If you are coming out for the '04 Race, please let me know. I will ensure that a commited fan who is willing to drag the willing/unwilling out to Stead in winter wind & weather, come-what-may, is recognized and rewarded.

The Reno Air Races is nothing without the support of people like you.

Dave

Comment

Here is another try...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok , now you have seen that I made it to the hanger now... Yippeee...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now the next question..... How to get in.... Tada!!!! I have keys. A whole bunch of keys, maybe, just maybe one will work... All the while the gang in the rental vehicle are picking at me and making fun of me, BUT, I remain undeterred!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X