Andy Gump Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Gump Racing?

Well, some of you know that I lend my talents to a few of the racing teams out there.
    Mark, how did you know that I had been approached by Andy Gump Racing? (oops the racing part is a secret) as rumor has it there may possibly be not one but three Tigercats racing by three separate teams! The Gump Racing plane will be probably named Double DooDee as when it's not racing it will be used for aerial fertilization and is serious competition for SANI's Double Threat. Oh and SANI does know a few things because there is an F-82 that just had it's wing replaced and the Air Force did visit SANI Racing but not for ideas. Could it be this is the F-82 that was on loan?
    This all I can show you right now. The big cat is being completely repainted and no that's not a photo of the Boss Man.
    Any one got Nancy Gump's phone number?
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Sani Hut has known about Andy Gump for quite some time. Theres "rumor" in the Sani Hut camp that Andy Gump racing is working on a new feces powered radial. there has been sightings of an R2800 being hooked up to a sewage truck and test run. these accounts however are still "rumors" and should be considered so until proven fact.
    Viva La DOUBLE THREAT

Comment

Is that a real billboard?
      If it is, I personally think that's the wrong way to promote the sport. I'd rather have people who want to see some great competition, than people who are looking to see a crash.

But who knows. Maybe I'm just like my Mother, she's never satisfied.

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Yep, it was a real billboard. I too was somewhat appalled by it when I saw it while driving around Reno during race week.
        Jeff Lo
        Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
        Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

It hit the fan all right...

That whole ad campaign, print, billboards, radio, tv, and flyers was such an outrage that even the local talk radio guy was all over it... I think at best they were called 'in poor taste', the worst unprintable in a family board.

More apalling was the attempt to pooh-pooh the whole thing as 'clever' and 'tongue-in-cheek'. It's bad enough to have to suffer an accident at the event, worse still to have to do the recovery, but absolutely unconscionable to see some fool promote the unthinkable to sell some tickets to other fools whose sole reason for coming is to see someone killed. Boy Howdy, ain't we got fun now?

What's wrong with these people? Can't they differentiate between the extreme and the extremely stupid? Change has been a long time in coming, but it's due now.

MAE - Comments@Reno-SteadAirport.com

Comment

The organizers pay for the ads, both creation and placement, so they get to *approve* them before hand. Where were their heads when they approved this work? Given the accidents at the last 4 years' races, this is in amazingly bad taste.

Comment

A modern Syndrome

Originally posted by Unregistered
              The organizers pay for the ads, both creation and placement, so they get to *approve* them before hand. Where were their heads when they approved this work? Given the accidents at the last 4 years' races, this is in amazingly bad taste.
              Interesting that you would pose the question. Modern researchers have identified a current-day syndrome that may account for the actions:

------------------

Known as “Cranium-Rectum Inversion”, this syndrome has reached pandemic proportions as the real workers doing real work in the real world, having known and recognized the initial effects for years, migrated and became cubicle rats, pushing paper and trying to satisfy insatiable corporate lifers’ appetite to micromanage everyone’s lives. This syndrome has a short life when exposed to sunlight and the outdoors, but grows in a corporate cubicle like mold on the walls of a two-dollar-a-night Caribbean motel room.

In the corporate Petri dish, the syndrome begins innocently enough, usually by a brainstorming (though I fail to understand the use of the term as one of the necessary elements is normally missing) session discussing some way to boost the corporate largess without incurring any kind of expense. The common result is usually some twist of words (See ‘MARKETING’) that will convince somebody somewhere to overcome their common sense and buy whatever is being promoted, even if the target already enjoys the product and purchases it regardless of the assaults past, present or future.

These sessions start with the burning of ideas, good, bad or indifferent, and blowing the smoke up some other attendee’s tailpipe. Extra points are awarded for the acceptance of the smoke by one’s immediate supervisor, more points for each supervisor up the line. In theory, everyone should leave feeling slightly euphoric, similar to the effects of smoke of the 1960s. The dark side is that the sessions become addictive, and there’s not enough smoke to go around (lack of ideas to burn is commonplace). Susceptible participants are likely to begin to blow smoke up their own tailpipes, ignoring the group and the collective restraint inherent therein.

At this point, some external event will trigger the quick slide to oblivion, much as when a nice Sunday drive goes awry when a deer runs in front of the vehicle. For the uninfected, an auto-defense mechanism kicks in, and the tailpipe begins sucking wind, pulling the driver hard into the seat sealing off all anticipated feel-good smoke and forcing the brain to react, thereby causing corrective inputs to the vehicle’s controls to happen almost automatically and without conscious thought. Aviators may avail themselves of optional acts, but the triggering event may not be sudden, rather a series of ignored minor difficulties culminating in a sudden realization that one is out of power, out of altitude, out of air speed, and out of ideas. Some may be able to snug the harness, tuck the chin, grab both handles, pull, and smartly exit the aircraft. Others may not have that option and must perform other tasks, however, that sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach as full situational awareness sets in is the same in both cases.

For the corporate warrior, though, the triggering event may just pull the cranium in, resulting in minor hypoxia, and that warm feeling of safety. As the vision is blurred in a brown haze, and the auditory input is fuzzy at best, there is no incentive to perform corrective actions at the time, resulting in the onset of full-blown Cranial Rectumitus, a potentially fatal disease.

Others may not recognize this disease. Irrational decisions, poor judgment, irritability and other symptoms may be present, but as the group is self-serving, help may not be available. Additional external stimulus to the infected person may result in the hemorrhoids slapping shut, creating a sound similar to thunder. This can be considered the death rattle as what little oxygen was getting to the brain is completely shut off; faulty decisions and absolute insensitivity to others are the final insult. One can only hope that the diseased person(s) are expelled from the group (or pulled by loved ones in an intervention) and that apologies for the infliction on others is well accepted.

Immunization has been available for many years. The generic term is Common Sense and it consists of an application of equal parts of Experience and Good Luck applied over time, hopefully from childhood. Unfortunately, the elderly seem to let their booster applications fall by the wayside, increasing the likelihood of developing the disease.

-----------------

While this syndrome may not account for this particular decision, it has all the earmarks of impending infection. Let us hope that someone somewhere recognizes the symptom and treats the disease should it turn out to be the root cause.

Whoa! Is that thunder I hear..... Wouldja look at those clouds?

Comment

Back to more important things

Originally posted by Sani Hut
                Sani Hut has known about Andy Gump for quite some time. Theres "rumor" in the Sani Hut camp that Andy Gump racing is working on a new feces powered radial. there has been sightings of an R2800 being hooked up to a sewage truck and test run. these accounts however are still "rumors" and should be considered so until proven fact.
                Viva La DOUBLE THREAT
                I was on my way to Vegas and I saw this at a small air strip near state line.
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Re: Back to more important things

Originally posted by Marauder61
                  I was on my way to Vegas and I saw this at a small air strip near state line.
                  What a novel idea... not only does it carry its own supply of 'It', there is also its own fan. I'll bet there's some folks scrambling to get it lined up for a well known event.

One would need to know if it's a pusher or a puller, though, to make sure to stand at the appropriate end during the demonstration.

Comment

Working...
                  X