September Fury Maday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Fury Maday

Hey everyone they have uploaded my video clip of Mike Brown’s mayday to the web page. In the clip you can here Randy Calling over the radio that he has him in sight and then follows him down in September Pops.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Don't you actually have to crash to have a "crash landing" ?!?! ...lol

Comment

Video problem

For some reason, at least for me, only the first 1:05 of the video plays. It gets just past where he pulls up, and it stops.

Comment

dial up

you on dial up man...that could be a reason....buffering and a bad down load to boot. It isn't set up as a stream, it is setup as a file for download.,....
        Randy Rheinschild
        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Connection speed

Super fast connection here at work. I'll try downloading it.

Comment

Cool video of a fast lap

Man I missed him Run ...I made it there on Wed....so I missed Bossman, sept fury and ...... others ...this was good to see him scream it...I hope for a really fast year next year from some of the ones who had to bail for the week.

any news on what will happen to Critical Mass.....????
            Randy Rheinschild
            www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Mayday

It was painful to watch -- a collective "Oh no!".

Yes I was standing next to Jim Larsen -- which is why the same photo appeared in Air Comics.

Randy R. -- check your email.

Neal
              Attached Files

Comment

Neal got it and sent reply

Sent you a reply already....be great to get this done in time.....gonna keep it out of Rhino's Radar okay?
                Randy Rheinschild
                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Great pic Neal!.

For me the clip is only 1:05 which get to the pull up. I have highspeed so I don't know what's up.

BP
                  Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                  Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    [B
                    In when headed to Dallas last weekend to attend ICAS, a question was asked of the flight attendant on my America West flight (ask me privately and I'll tell you what I *actually* call that particular airline after using them for this round trip)

Wayne [/B]

Let me guess....

"America <sounds like the word for 'sausage' in German>"

:-)

I used to hear that one a lot. Before 9/11, they had a great late-night time slot out of San Diego to Phoenix and points east that allowed me to make a 1-day trip to San Diego (out on Delta very early, back on AW very late). I flew it a lot because it was convenient, and the second leg was often so empty I could get a whole row, flip up the armrests, and sleep lying down. Naturally, that connection was the first thing cut in the post- 9/11 cutbacks, and I haven't flown them since. I've never actually had a bad America West experience, but I gather from fellow travellers that I'm just lucky.

Steve L.

Comment

Hello Bill -- Never hurts to be standing next to Jim Larsen. He is, I think, the greatest photographer of modern Unlimited Air Racing. Been producing wonderful racing photos since 1964. He also designed the racer that became John Crocker's great "Sumthin Else", and had major input into the "Roto-Finish Special", the first Mustang to win Reno. A very interesting man.

Neal

Comment

I know his work well. I have been looking for his book, but have not found it yet. Maybe I'll meet him next year, althought I don't know who to look for.

Maybe someday I'll weasel my way into standing between you and Jim during a race.

By the way, it's good to see you posting stuff and around on the forum. I'm always wondering what you and Birgitta will come up with next.

Bill Pearce
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I just saw the video. I knew that Sept Fury got down ok but I just kept getting flashbacks from when Checkmate ran off the runway a few years back. I kept telling Mr Brown in the video to.. STOP STOP!! Great video, now I hae actually seen her fly... I got there late and missed her too. John
                          Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, STOP! STOP! He was traveling at such a high rate of speed when he touched down I didn’t think he would get it stopped before the dreaded Hoover Canyon. And the thing is MB has only had two engine failures at Reno in Sept. Fury, and he said that when he finally got her stopped in the dirt this year, he was about ten or fifteen feet away from the spot that he stopped her in 2000.
                            I told him after, that when he went out of sight we all thought he would have to ground loop her to keep from going over the cliff, and he said to hell with that because he just got the plane painted.
                            Jason
                            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Sounds like Mike is a funny guy. I am glad he got her stopped. Maybe next year I will get a chance to meet him.
                              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Working...
                              X