Any artists out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any artists out there?

Is there anyone interested in helping come up with a paint scheme for our radial powered moose?
    It's a ways off from being painted, but there are times when it would be good to know where we are headed with the paint.
    He wants it bright, probably no red though. If you want to see what it should look like when done, check out www.murphyair.com and look for links to the Moose!
    Have fun with it - we will!!
    Thanks!!

Oops

Crap, Wayne I just realized I probably shouldn't have posted this message on the air racing thread. Can you move it or get rid of it?
    I am somewhat "challenged" in this department. My apologies. More thinking, less hitting the little "post" button.

Comment

Dineega -- You might want to contact Bucky Dawson up in Alaska -- He's done some spectacular paint schemes, and particularly likes working with float and bush planes. He's really good at this, but I think not cheap...

Neal

Comment

All right Mark! Now I'm having fun anyway!
        The moose will be on floats eventually, when we get the money together. Wheels for a year I guess, but we are planning on flying to Reno 2005 under our own power.
        Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Hey There! DB Mueller here.....Ok, first thought on this.....I know you said maybe no red on this....but....how about paint it in the 'Critical Mass' lines & colors...annnd, instead of 'Critical Mass', it be called "CRITICAL MOOSE"??? Just a thought..... sketch to follow in the next day or so...... Daver
          DB

Comment

Critical Moose

That's too funny! Wonder if they'd mind. We love Critical Mass.
            Of course we have already looked at the "Rare Moose" idea, but decided they might not see the humour in it. Maybe when I can afford to be a big money sponsor instead of my weenie contributions.

Oh, and there will definitely be amphibs!!

Comment

Ok....here's quick sketch of "Critcal Moose".....
              Attached Files
              DB

Comment

Amazing!

Holy crap, that's amazing!!
                Can I print that and put it on the "wall of fame" in the shop?
                Very cool!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Why Sure! It was my pleasure!
                  DB

Comment

Re: Amazing!

Originally posted by dineega
                    Holy crap, that's amazing!!
                    Can I print that and put it on the "wall of fame" in the shop?
                    Very cool!!! Thanks!!!
                    I was gonna suggest contacting Daver but I didn't want to "volunteer" him without his knowledge..

Nice work Daverdood!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Superdave's work

"Critical Moose" is on the wall of fame, tucked in beside the Bear and the real Critical Mass.
                      I still can't get over that. You are talented, Superdaver.
                      Cheers

Comment

Ha! That's great! Thank-You! Thank-You very much. I'm honored!

Daver

.....Tell ya what, I'll sign an' send ya the original sketch....
                        DB

Comment

Critical Moose

Well then, you'd better start preparing for all the margaritas I am going to buy you at the air races!! Thanks!!
                          Cheers

Comment

Re: Any artists out there?

Originally posted by dineega
                            Is there anyone interested in helping come up with a paint scheme for our radial powered moose?
                            Hey dineega, just spent some time parusing the Moose website.. that looks like a pretty neat airplane! Sort of a "mini-me" Beaver!!

Have you guys decided yet if you're gonna do the "Critical Moose" paint scheme on it??

Not my airplane but, personally, I think that would be the single most outrageous paint job in the history of aviation for a float plane!!!!!!

Merry Christmas
                            Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Critical Moose

I'm with you Wayne - We love Critical Moose!!
                              We are a long way from paint, and we would want the blessing of the Dwelle's, but we are seriously considering it. Everyone who sees it loves it!
                              hmmm, maybe we could sneak it into the pits at Reno...

One of the most amazing things about this whole deal is that I now have a signed piece of original art from DB Mueller!
                              He sent the orig to me, and I just got it in todays mail. It will soon be framed and on my living room wall.
                              Thanks Superdaver!! I will be in touch later.
                              Air racing people are the best!!
                              Happy HoHo!! Rachel

Comment

Working...
                              X