Any idea what this aircraft is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what this aircraft is???

Any Help as to what this aircraft is it would very appreciated. The aircraft flew into Sun Valley Idaho in 1929 but nobody is really sure what it is.
    Attached Files
    I am the Mouse

AIRCRAFT ID.

Hello Mouse!....The Plane you have posted a picture of is a 1929 Zenith Z6A Manufactured byZenith Aircraft Corp, Santa Ana and Midway City CA. Thanks for a look at a rare pic of an equally rare aircraft! Best Regards Gil Halpin

Comment

Zenith Z6A Restoration

Is this a great forum, or what? Now that Gil has told us what we're looking at, I found this website documenting restoration of a Zenith Z6A, the lone remaining example of the five ever built.

SteveZ

Comment

My thanks to both of you! I Still would have been here scratching me head at that one...
        I am the Mouse

Comment

Zenith

The picture appears to be Zenith # 3 N392V having just arrived in Idaho.
          Thanks for visiting my site. We have 2 more wings to cover.
          Assembly will be about Feb and flying this spring.

Glenn

Comment

Re: Zenith

Originally posted by Unregistered
            The picture appears to be Zenith # 3 N392V having just arrived in Idaho.
            Thanks for visiting my site. We have 2 more wings to cover.
            Assembly will be about Feb and flying this spring.
            Very cool, Glenn. It's an ambitious project you've undertaken, and if the photos on your site are any indication, a beautiful restoration.
            SteveZ

Comment

Re: Any idea what this aircraft is???

Where was Zenith? My info says Santa Ana Airways Airport, which I think was called "Midway Airport".
              Dan MacPherson

Comment

Working...
              X