Really quiet around here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really quiet around here...

So it's Saturday of Reno Race week. 5:30 PM my time -- nothing from Reno posted here since first thing this morning -- no comments, no pictures, no updates -- nothing at all. Is everybody having such a good time they don't have any time to post? There's been just a couple of telephone pictures in the contest thread -- there was all kinds of excitement about that the week before Reno, but nothing being posted...

Is aafo working? Is anybody down there in Reno? We're starving out here...

Re: Really quiet around here...

Just like you Neal, waiting for today's results.

Comment

So aafo is working, it's just that AAFOers are not. Do they think they're in Reno just to watch airplanes and have fun?

Comment

Have fun? I sure hope so! I'm having a few just to celebrate the event.

Comment

The other alternative is maybe it was just so boring that at Noon everybody just headed to town to get drunk...

Comment

A little late for today but, Sawbones Air is streaming live...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Voodoo wins easily with The little yak staying respectably close. Fastest lap was 488, but quickly dropped to the 450's.

Comment

There was an emergency in the sport class today with a fire onboard coming down the chute. Apologies, I did not get the race number. Pilot got it on the ground quick and did the jump and run. Pilot is ok but the plane does not seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                  So it's Saturday of Reno Race week. 5:30 PM my time -- nothing from Reno posted here since first thing this morning -- no comments, no pictures, no updates -- nothing at all. Is everybody having such a good time they don't have any time to post? There's been just a couple of telephone pictures in the contest thread -- there was all kinds of excitement about that the week before Reno, but nothing being posted...

Is aafo working? Is anybody down there in Reno? We're starving out here...
                  You should be here, you know how it is, right? A lot going on, the atmosphere, the sounds, the people, the smell (garlic fries & Bomber Babes) it's a great event.

Its got to be tuff, trying to be a armchair air race fan.

Comment

I couldn't go down to the ramp today so I watched the afternoon sport, jet, and unlimited races from above the valley of speed. Pretty boring races. It's a shame the Vampire is out, and if Blue Thunder and Czech Mate don't find more speed (I'm hoping Parker was holding back), Sunday will probably be noncompetive also. No real surprise in the unlimited class. At least tomorrow morning we'll have the F-1s to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarebearcat View Post
                      There was an emergency in the sport class today with a fire onboard coming down the chute. Apologies, I did not get the race number. Pilot got it on the ground quick and did the jump and run. Pilot is ok but the plane does not seem to be.
                      That is not good! Race 44 is listed as DNF on the Reno Reports.
                      Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                        So the sport race was a crazy one, lucky mojo didn't start and was replaced by modo mio, the yellow thunder never got with the group as it was having gear trouble, miss Karen was maydayed before the first lap and landed easy shutting the engine off after landing, then everyone finished but Relentless had trouble knocking the gear down and one moment may have had smoke after the pull up.
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                          Race 44 was not the aircraft with the fire. The fire was the Glasair Race 0 "plastic piglet". Very lucky pilot in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                            Race 44 was not the aircraft with the fire. The fire was the Glasair Race 0 "plastic piglet". Very lucky pilot in that one.
                            Glad to hear he made it ok.
                            Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
                              I couldn't go down to the ramp today so I watched the afternoon sport, jet, and unlimited races from above the valley of speed. Pretty boring races. It's a shame the Vampire is out, and if Blue Thunder and Czech Mate don't find more speed (I'm hoping Parker was holding back), Sunday will probably be noncompetive also. No real surprise in the unlimited class. At least tomorrow morning we'll have the F-1s to watch.
                              pathetic! the races were definitely not boring! maybe you should go be a nascar fan...
                              Todd Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X