X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc's First Flight

Great day for all the volunteers

Re: Doc's First Flight

Been looking forward to this day for a long time. Congrats to all that worked on "Doc".

Comment

Originally posted by kensantafe View Post
      I just thank GODD for the quick thinking men and women that got the bomb bay doors closed that must have been a real TENSE few moments

Comment

Fantastic to see it fly. One of the worst videos I've ever seen. It's like at a NASCAR race when the flyover happens and the cameras are looking at the crowd. WTF! Show the plane!
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          Fantastic to see it fly. One of the worst videos I've ever seen. It's like at a NASCAR race when the flyover happens and the cameras are looking at the crowd. WTF! Show the plane!

Heres a link to a better video.

4-18-17 - Doc's Friends remain committed to bringing the restored B-29 Superfortress Doc to its first out of state airshow in early May. Doc's Friends are postponing the previously scheduled open house event this weekend, on Saturday, April

What a great moment. Can't wait until I get to see and hear Doc and Fifi together. Sure that will happen sooner than later.

Comment

^^^Ya, saw that one. Sure hope they bring it to Reno at some point. Do a lap! Do a lap!
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

When will Doc take to the air again? I'm sure they have a fair amount of flight testing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                When will Doc take to the air again? I'm sure they have a fair amount of flight testing to do.
                Sounds like it will shortly after Airventure (Oshkosh) concludes, as the crew that did the first flight is helping with FiFi there/here.

Comment

Working...
                X