[OT] TBM Avenger Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OT] TBM Avenger Reunion

This is definitely off topic, but we all need our daily Warbird fix right? Most of you probably saw something about the TBM Avenger reunion that was held last weekend in Peru, IL. It was a really great event; very photographer-friendly, great weather, they had 10 TBMs, over 200 other airplanes and I think 10,000+ spectators. Best of all it was free!!

The Friday night before was something extraordinary for anyone that happened to be there, 6 TBMs participated in a Sunset photo flight and then returned against a sunset as good as any I've ever seen.

A few of my photos -and side note for any Nikon users here, this was my second outing with their new-ish 200-500mm lens, it is an exceptional lens for its price tag.

Sunset Touchdown by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Low Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Avenger on Final by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Last Pass II by Connor Madison, on Flickr

10 Avengers by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Avenger-Pano by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Avenger Trio by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Duck Walk by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Skyraider by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue Landing by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Up Doug! by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Re: [OT] TBM Avenger Reunion

That is impressive. Thank you for the photos.

Comment

My dad was a crew member on a TBM on the USS Manella Bay. So it is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing
      Jay Smith

Comment

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing.
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Amazing pictures!!! I was following the reunion on Facebook and there were some good pictures, but you may have just topped them! I know it was an Avenger gathering and all, but Sierra Sue is one of my favorite Mustangs
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
            <>
            <>
            "Turkey Trot".
            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Amazing pictures!!! I was following the reunion on Facebook and there were some good pictures, but you may have just topped them! I know it was an Avenger gathering and all, but Sierra Sue is one of my favorite Mustangs
              Reever, J.Smith, Samuel, and GRND51 thank you all so much for the kind comments -it keeps me motivated!!

And GRND51 I'm so glad you said that, Sierra Sue is absolutely my favorite Mustang flying right now. It's history, amazingly detailed restoration, and most of all the fact that the owner flies it all the the time!! -All of that combines into so much excitement for.

I had no clue that Sierra Sue was the other rumored Mustang to be attending, so when she showed up it was very cool!

Without further ado; a Sierra Sue II feature from Peru, IL!

The grand arrival!
              Sierra Sue Arrival by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Skyward by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Petie 2nd takes to the air to join in on the fun!
              Petie 2nd Takeoff by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Mustang 2 ship by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue B/W by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue Taxi by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue Traffic by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue Black Sky by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Sierra Sue by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Exhaust by Connor Madison, on Flickr
              Last edited by CJAM427; 04-24-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                "Turkey Trot".
                That is way more fitting, I wish I had thought of that! I'm totally changing the name to that!

Comment

Thanks for the pics hope to see her in person one day, such a beautiful machine.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

[QUOTE=CJAM427;128269]This is definitely off topic, but we all need our daily Warbird fix right? Most of you probably saw something about the TBM Avenger reunion that was held last weekend in Peru, IL. It was a really great event; very photographer-friendly, great weather, they had 10 TBMs, over 200 other airplanes and I think 10,000+ spectators. Best of all it was free!!

The Friday night before was something extraordinary for anyone that happened to be there, 6 TBMs participated in a Sunset photo flight and then returned against a sunset as good as any I've ever seen.

A few of my photos -and side note for any Nikon users here, this was my second outing with their new-ish 200-500mm lens, it is an exceptional lens for its price tag.

I bet that was an awesome chorus.........Ten 2600s idling down the tarmac. And quite a sight too!

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      Thanks for the pics hope to see her in person one day, such a beautiful machine.
                      You got it!

Come to Oshkosh, I'm sure she'll be there!

Comment

[QUOTE=marada mx3;128279]
                        Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                        This is definitely off topic, but we all need our daily Warbird fix right? Most of you probably saw something about the TBM Avenger reunion that was held last weekend in Peru, IL. It was a really great event; very photographer-friendly, great weather, they had 10 TBMs, over 200 other airplanes and I think 10,000+ spectators. Best of all it was free!!

I bet that was an awesome chorus.........Ten 2600s idling down the tarmac. And quite a sight too!
                        Yeah it was awesome, maybe even beyond awesome! To be able to stand right in front of it made it pretty incredible.

Comment

There are three listed with Platinum Fighters right now. Somebody could get a head start on next year!
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X