Happy #94 to Bob Hoover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy #94 to Bob Hoover

"Robert A. 'Bob' Hoover (born January 24, 1922) is a former air show pilot and United States Air Force test pilot and fighter pilot. Known as the 'pilot's pilot', Hoover revolutionized modern aerobatic flying and has been referred to by many aviation circles as one of the greatest pilots ever to have lived."

– from Wikipedia

Re: Happy #94 to Bob Hoover

Happy Birthday Mr. Hoover! A "pilot's pilot" indeed!
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Happy Birthday Mr. Hoover You performed at the very first airshow I ever went to at Castle Air Force Base........and yes, I loved it.
      Brian

Comment

Not highest quality pictures but the highest quality pilot for sure. Happy Birthday, Mr Hoover.

1965 NCAR-
        Attached Files
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Happy bday Mr. Hoover....I wonder if he still flies?

Comment

I would say probably not. Have seen him at NCAR every year, last few years he is looking pretty frail. Happy birthday Mr. Hoover. Watching him fly Ol' Yeller, Shrike Commander and Saberliner is something I will always remember.

Comment

As Gordon Baxter once wrote and I paraphrase:
              "when Bob flies we all stop and watch, no matter how many times we have seen him perform. We all know that if we had his plane and tried what he did, we would die. He is THAT good.

Many more Mr. Hoover
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                As Gordon Baxter once wrote and I paraphrase:
                "when Bob flies we all stop and watch, no matter how many times we have seen him perform. We all know that if we had his plane and tried what he did, we would die. He is THAT good.

Many more Mr. Hoover

I once had a casual conversation with a pilot who told me he had some time in a Shrike Commander. I was impressed and commented, " Oh, like Bob Hoover, right?" My new acquaintance quickly became very humble and reverent and said, "I'll never be like Bob Hoover"

Comment

Working...
                X