No announcement yet.

New Year, New Racers! Lets Speculate!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year, New Racers! Lets Speculate!!!

Well its always fun to think about a full Unlimited field at Reno, so why not speculate now!!

Who is going to attend Reno 2016 (and beyond)... (No particular order, just as they came to mind)

1. Strega- No reason she wouldn't! She ran great, didn't hurt anything.. Maybe a new pilot in the works...?
    2. Voodoo- Steven wants revenge. She's been flying a lot recently it seems, fine tuning in the works to have her ready early?
    3. Bear- Oh yea, back and better than ever. Will 2016 put The Bear on top..?
    4. Dreadnought
    5. Argonaut
    6. 924
    7. Precious Metal- Hmmm... Signs pointing to no right now, nothing formal documented yet so there is still hope! (2017..?)
    8. Czech Mate- I've heard rumors she will be coming back, I have my hopes that is true
    9. Sawbones- The team has already confirmed it, look for some new paint and a new nose cone on Bones in 2016
    10. Super Corsair- She was supposed to "attend" last year, maybe running the pylons in 2016 with the Sanders boys..?
    11. Speedball Alice
    12. Lady Jo
    13. Grim Reaper- Don't see why Sal wouldn't bring her back, they had a good year!
    14. The Rebel
    15. Sparky
    16. Lylia- Dusty has commented plenty! Can't wait to see her back!
    17. Miss Merced- Woelbing has talked about it, is it the year?? Maybe 2017?
    18- Furias- Woelbing has some work to do on this one, give it 2 or 3 years
    19. Dago Red- ??? Not gonna happen, haven't heard much lately..
    20. Ex- Risky Business- She's coming! Full super stocker fashion.
    21. 232- ??? Unlikely
    22. La Patrona- Hope to see her!
    23. Korean War Hero- Tobul had a commitment in 2015 the same week as Reno, he plans on coming back this year!
    24. Steadfast- The team has talked about a comeback since early 2015! Can't wait!
    25. Polar Bear- Give it 2 or 3 years, Dusty is confident!
    26. Yak 11- (Check Dusty's post) Recently acquired by Bob Yancey, 1830 powered
    27. Yak 11- (Check Dusty's post) Ira Saligman, 2000 powered, first flight by Steve-o over the Summer!

Now, this is somewhat a list of all of the potential Reno Unlimited racers out there. Besides Wildfire, Tsunami rebuild, Shockwave, etc, I think these are the planes that have come or are most likely to come within the warbird community. Did I miss anything??
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: New Year, New Racers! Lets Speculate!!!

You missed the 2 or 3 planes I'll bring after I win the power ball tonight. One of those will be an F-7 and another will be a stock super Corsair, and the 3rd will be the fastest prop plane in history. Highly modified. can't say much more then that, it's all very hush hush at this time.............but just wait. Oh yes, I'll be donating a $million dollars each year towards the purse for the next 10 years also............that is, if I win the power ball tonight........which I think I will, someone told me, the odds are in my favor

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      You missed the 2 or 3 planes I'll bring after I win the power ball tonight. One of those will be an F-7 and another will be a stock super Corsair, and the 3rd will be the fastest prop plane in history. Highly modified. can't say much more then that, it's all very hush hush at this time.............but just wait. Oh yes, I'll be donating a $million dollars each year towards the purse for the next 10 years also............that is, if I win the power ball tonight........which I think I will, someone told me, the odds are in my favor

Brian
      The odds are 50/50. You win or you lose.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reever;127752]The odds are 50/50. You win or you lose.[/QUOTE

I think they're 55/45 because I bought 5 tickets

Comment

Heck, just buy all 293 million combinations and you're guaranteed to triple your money...

...unless someone else hits too. If there are two other winners, well, at least you tried.

It's been done before.
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
            and the 3rd will be the fastest prop plane in history.
            So you'll be buying Dago Red?

Comment

Didn't Bob Yancy pass away 20 years ago or so? Isn't his former Yak now Czech Mate? Whatever happened to his Corsair?

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                Didn't Bob Yancy pass away 20 years ago or so? Isn't his former Yak now Czech Mate? Whatever happened to his Corsair?

Will
                Bob's old Corsair was the one that had the runway collision with Howard Pardue's Bearcat at Oshkosh in 1999, permanently crippling Ladd Doctor. I have heard that the remains were bought (maybe by Ezell?) and are in storage.

Comment

Well, I won't be showing up with my 3 racers............I didn't hit the powerball Out of 10 tickets, I had a total of 2 numbers.............I don't think I get anything for that SOooooooooooo!!!, looks like I'll be trying to find a hole in the fence and sleeping under the grandstands...........still can't wait for Sept.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X