New POTW - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New POTW - Finally

Well we finally released that poor F-15 pilot from his hover over the runway at Nellis...

We think more than a few of you will enjoy this week's POTW, and a special THANKS to Bill Pearce for his idea in the naming of same!

POTW 11-25-03 "LITTLE BIG MAN"

Enjoy!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Wayne,

Does that mean I get a cut of the AAFO "profits"? Great picture by the way (ain't VR great). I see you even got Mr. Sun to assist; I din't know you had him on the payroll. Keep up the good work Wayne, you're doing a great job. And I ASSume that you sent a little note to the Parkers about this week's (month's, maybe more) picture?

Take care and happy T-Day,

Bill Pearce
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

The "Thunder Mustang" will always be "invited" here.

Clay
      Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

I'll tell ya what....

I have to admit to having been somewhat devistated this year when John was not allowed to race.

He and Jan are people whom I count as an honor to know and be able to associate with, and even better, call friends! (hugs Jan!)

Watching that man have his chance to play this year was an absolute delight and frankly, the high point of my week at Vegas. Maybe even my year.

We're all just kids after all, John's a bigger kid than a lot of us (meaning he's a bit further along on the trail, not size) and we all just want to play with our toys.

This message board is somewhat of an "editorial" platform for all who post here, so i guess, I can be forgiven for stating my, unofficial thoughts here.

That this big kid had the playground closed to him, after he spent years getting his toy ready to play with, and finally had a chance to really shine with it, was a huge disappointment to me and, I suspect, 1000's of his fans.

I sincerely hope that John and Mike at RARA can patch their differences and get the ball rolling so that the thunder can sound over Reno again!

Bill: Yea... you can have a share of the profits, like I used to say to Kraz all the time when he was active, I'll double your pay...

I did that about a dozen times and he still didn't make a penny at AAFO.COM!

I have a bunch more "ParkerPictures" from Nellis, some, of Mr. Parker smiling broader than I've seen him smile in years. That warms my little heart!

I don't think I've ever seen a racer break his mount and smile as broadly as Mr. John Parker did at Aviation Nation 2003!

He was treated with class by World of Wings and the United States Air Force, complete with what he called " a touch of class "

He was greated by two USAF flight students on the flight line, shortly after the POTW was taken with a good old USAF BEER!

Compliments of the wonderful people at Nellis who are keeping our country safe and free..

God bless all of them! And, Mr. John Parker and his wonderful bride, Jan parker!

PS.. Bill.. no, I did not tell John about the POTW.. did not have time, I'm down at the coast for three days of R&R with Beer Nazi. Barely had time to get the shot/story done before having to leave.. feel free to let him know..

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

lap speeds?

are there any lap times or speeds posted for Mr. Parker?

jim

Comment

Re: lap speeds?

Originally posted by Unregistered
            are there any lap times or speeds posted for Mr. Parker?

jim
            If you mean from Vegas, they don't actually "race" there, and there are no pylons, "cheating" the course is allowd and, totally fun to watch as well.. but no times or speeds are recorded.

If you mean from his history in actual racing, check at http://airrace.org/ in their results section. They have an excellent searchable database by pilot name, airplane, date etc, for each division.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: I'll tell ya what....

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

I sincerely hope that John and Mike at RARA can patch their differences and get the ball rolling so that the thunder can sound over Reno again!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

Wayne
              Amen that Wayne! Maybe, if Mike at RARA will look at this forum, he will see what the true fans of airracing really feel. There are only so many competitive planes out there. Does he think competition is a bad thing?

Clay

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
              Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Wayne,
                That is a great picture of TM! Did you ever get over to "Big Dogs" or have a beer at the Officers club? They have the coolest beer tap ever!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                X