engine sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine sounds

I would like to have a file on engine sounds, particular startups of the Pratt & Whitney radials engines, particularly the R4360 engines.

Engine Sounds

For the 4360 try
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

For some other yummy sounds try the Antique Engine Historical Society web site:

It sounds as if you are as sick as the rest of us.
    Steve Baker

Comment

Not a 4360, but some pretty cool sounds from the Dwelle 3350 a few years ago..

Broadband:
      stream

download

56k:
      stream

download
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

engine sounds

Thanks, the engine sites are very good. I will probably visit them daily. I pipe the MP3's into an amplifier so I can almost feel the exhaust. My son-in-law is a Supervisor at Boeing and I help him do lay-ups for his experimental he is building in his garage. We also spent last Sunday afternoon visiting the Spruce Goose in McMinnville, Oregon. They have a working cut-away (electric motor to the crank) of the 4360 and I can't get the sight of those huge valves (chromed, of course) out of my mind. The Seattle Flight museum is another great way to spend a day; the Concorde is beautiful, but I like the recipocrater's

Comment

Engine sounds

There are some excellent quality clips at Aircraft Records, including a Bearcat startup and my personal favorite clip, a B25 flyby. Here's a link to the product page:

Comment

Re: Engine Sounds

Originally posted by SteveB
            For the 4360 try
            Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Almost as good as some video of Dreadnought that went away with Pylon 1 :-(

For some other yummy sounds try the Antique Engine Historical Society web site:

It sounds as if you are as sick as the rest of us.
            Steve Baker

Thats a neat site! I really like the P-40 audio because its one of the few clips where a non-turbocharged Allison doesn't wind up soundling like a 1964 Oliver tractor. The thing is, and I've done it myself more than once, when recording an Allison you usually are in a position such that the fuselage blocks most of the sound from the far cylinder bank, and one bank by itself sounds like an inline-six (play the clip of the P-39 to see what I mean). The P-40 audio was obviously made in the cockpit (narrative from the pilot) and done with a stereo mic setup, so you clearly hear both banks and it reveals the big bad V12 sound in all its glory. Beautiful music!

Yeah, I'm an engine sound sicko too... and it isn't just airplanes. I can tell a Ford 460 from a Dodge 440, and I can tell if a locomotive is a GE or an EMD from miles away (but who couldn't?) ;-)

Steve L.

Comment

Working...
            X