John Parker
    Kirk Murphy
    Charlie Greer
    Dave Morss
    Jon Sharp
    Biplane:
    Dave Roeloff
    Birch E.

next time someone says that if1 doesnt matter as much as the rest , let them know that all of these people got there start in IF1. 3 of your 6 national champions this year all started in IF1.

Re: if1 thoughts

IF1 is my favorite after Unlimiteds.

Racing at it's purest form.

Comment

Agreed! It's also the easiest way to get involved in air racing. Truly a great class.

Comment

Always have love Formula One, this year was especially awesome with all of the competition!!! It's great to see all of these somewhat one-off designs such as Hot Stuff and the shoestring design of No Strings Attached come together and do well on the race course.

I love how competitive it's getting, F1 is one of the only classes where you never know where someone will place til the race is over on Sunday!! Good job guys, keep up the awesome performance, I'll always be there bright and early for ya
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

GOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo IF-1, gotta love them. First race I ever saw was F-1, Reno 1966

Comment

I want to see a full field for IF 1 next year! The action is epic and the people in the class are friendly and welcoming to folks who wander into their pits....

Comment

I think with spirit that is going on in IF1 you guys are heading to the front of the marketable lunch line in a real hurry. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                I think with spirit that is going on in IF1 you guys are heading to the front of the marketable lunch line in a real hurry. Keep it up!
                I agree! The potential venues for IF1 racing are far greater than would ever be possible with the huge chunk of real estate that Unlimited aircraft need! What a great way to put Air Racing in front of a lot more eyes. If promoted in conjunction with the National Air Racing Championships, "NARC"... err... maybe a not that name Say have some fly by stuff, demo race with a few UL's at each event, I'd wager a lot of folks who went to their "local" IF1 event would want to go to RENO for the finals and the "BAD BOYS OF AIR RACING".. <ducking and running> LOL!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That's how I got hooked/involved. NAG came to my town in 1985 when we proposed putting on an air-race. We had 10 IF-1's to really race; and 3 T-6's did a demo race. NAG had "offiating teams" that taught us how to lay out the course, do timing, and conduct time-trials and races. They taught how to build pylons, etc. At that time they also wrote the rules for racing. It cost $$$ to race, but these guys dragged their planes-in-a-box clear from Texas to race for money, marbles, or chalk. Had enough money at the end to seed the next year. I bet there are still enough of the old NAG s around that could still do that if asked. Just sayin'. The last time we did that was the first and second races in Phoenix.
                  Betty

Comment

Working...
                  X