X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonnie Ortega Stolen Art

Hey everyone!

From Henry Godines at several FB pages:

"On Friday September 19th, three art pieces were stolen from Lonnie Ortega's Aviation Art booth at the Reno Air Race. The "Galloping Ghost" by Henry Godines (24" x 36" oils on panel) and signed prints of Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh. Please contact the Reno police dept. for information leading to the recovery of these one of a kind art pieces. You can also contact Henry Godines at (714)898-7598 and Lonnie Ortega at (562)423-3672 or (562)537-9622."

Lonnie is a great guy and he's lost some monetarily and emotionally valuable pieces. If you know where they are, or where they may be, please be a good person and notify the authorities.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lonnie Ortega Stolen Art.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	242016

Re: Lonnie Ortega Stolen Art

Hopefully they find the SOB or SOB's. Some folks camping near us had their 2000 watt generator stolen too. Damn thieves.
    Brian

Comment

How does one just "walk off" with a 2x3' canvas??????? A-Holes
      "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

I am always in constant fear of somehow losing focus and losing all of my camera gear that is "near" me in my camera bag! I try to convince myself that this is a like minded crowd and that nobody would think of stealing someone's gear bag.. Thanks for the reality check!

Also hard to imagine anyone being so bold as to just walk off with prints that large, but, I guess if you are of that mind, you know how to play on the trusting nature of us fools out there....

One word for people who do this stuff.. Karma!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I am always in constant fear of somehow losing focus and losing all of my camera gear that is "near" me in my camera bag! I try to convince myself that this is a like minded crowd and that nobody would think of stealing someone's gear bag.. Thanks for the reality check!

Also hard to imagine anyone being so bold as to just walk off with prints that large, but, I guess if you are of that mind, you know how to play on the trusting nature of us fools out there....

One word for people who do this stuff.. Karma!
          I'm not a PC person, a baseball bat to side of head sounds reasonable! Or drop them over Syria wearing "I LUV USA" T-shirts and stars & strips underwear.

I find it hard to imagine someone could walk out of there w/3 large frame paintings??

Definitely preplanned, they knew what they wanted. Do we know when this happened?? I'm thinking a early morning job. Don't they leave everything in all those vendors tents over night?

I've been Googling the web ever since this post looking for sellers, I'll keep trying for the next month or so.
          Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-25-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

What are the circumstances regarding the theft of the paintings and the generator?

Were the paintings stolen from the booth when it was open and unoccupied (bathroom break...) overnight when nobody was supposed to be inside except security...?

How about the generator? I'm assuming it was stolen during daytime hours when everyone is at the races or in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping.
            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-26-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X