Voodoo Has Been Up Today 9/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Has Been Up Today 9/23

At about noon today the wonderful sound of a P51 running in the engine carried through Lemmon Valley.

Nothing sweeter, unless its a big bear radial

So, about one hour later you hear the take-off, couple slow circles around Reno Stead to gain altitude, I thought Voodoo would head west. Kept flying, then a fast fly-by and from my distance looked like couple rolls :-) and back in.

About half hour ago, another flight, couple laps and then kind of a fast return and steep approach with engine popping like crazing. I kind of got concerned a little since she dropped below my tree line rather fast for a approach, I listened intently and could tell she landed safely.

Anyone in the know, are they just being cautious and testing systems before the flight home or testing other things????

Inquiring minds want know?

Re: Voodoo Has Been Up Today 9/23

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    At about noon today the wonderful sound of a P51 running in the engine carried through Lemmon Valley.

Nothing sweeter, unless its a big bear radial

So, about one hour later you hear the take-off, couple slow circles around Reno Stead to gain altitude, I thought Voodoo would head west. Kept flying, then a fast fly-by and from my distance looked like couple rolls :-) and back in.

About half hour ago, another flight, couple laps and then kind of a fast return and steep approach with engine popping like crazing. I kind of got concerned a little since she dropped below my tree line rather fast for a approach, I listened intently and could tell she landed safely.

Anyone in the know, are they just being cautious and testing systems before the flight home or testing other things????

Inquiring minds want know?

They changed engines for the flight home. Probably test flying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      They changed engines for the flight home. Probably test flying it.
      Thats what I figured. Its almost 5:00pm and she just took off again, gained altitude and heading West into the sunset.

Safe travels, see you next year.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-23-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Getting a jump on 2016, up flight testing already

Comment

I knew I heard a familiar voice in the sky. Thanks dawg!
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
          X