Eric Woelbing Reno 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Woelbing Reno 2015

Well we all know Eric raced a T-6 as a rookie this year, we also know he owns two of the last race Sea Furies on the planet. So... Did anyone get a chance to talk to him about bringing them back?!?!? I would've if I knew what he looked like (and if I spent more time by the T-6's). When the T-6's were taking off, the announcer was talking about Eric and mentioned both of the Furies and said something along the lines of "I wonder what we will see him flying next year".

I still like to remain hopeful and think that him racing a ROUND ENGINE T-6 at Reno is a stepping stone to him getting in the Furies. I hope 2016 proves that correct
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Eric Woelbing Reno 2015

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Well we all know Eric raced a T-6 as a rookie this year, we also know he owns two of the last race Sea Furies on the planet. So... Did anyone get a chance to talk to him about bringing them back?!?!? I would've if I knew what he looked like (and if I spent more time by the T-6's). When the T-6's were taking off, the announcer was talking about Eric and mentioned both of the Furies and said something along the lines of "I wonder what we will see him flying next year".

I still like to remain hopeful and think that him racing a ROUND ENGINE T-6 at Reno is a stepping stone to him getting in the Furies. I hope 2016 proves that correct
    I spoke with the crew chief and he indicated they were wanting to bring Miss Merced this year, but decided to bring the T-6 to get some practice around the course first. He said Miss Merced will be back within a couple years. He also indicated Furias was in pieces and they were trying to get Eric to let them get moving on the re-build. The crew chief indicated he was also on the crew of Furias with the prior owner. So let's hope to see them both in the near future-

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
      I spoke with the crew chief and he indicated they were wanting to bring Miss Merced this year, but decided to bring the T-6 to get some practice around the course first. He said Miss Merced will be back within a couple years. He also indicated Furias was in pieces and they were trying to get Eric to let them get moving on the re-build. The crew chief indicated he was also on the crew of Furias with the prior owner. So let's hope to see them both in the near future-
      Awesome to hear, thanks a lot! Is Miss Merced flyable? Didn't it have a belly landing recently.?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Awesome to hear, thanks a lot! Is Miss Merced flyable? Didn't it have a belly landing recently.?
        My pleasure. I did not ask about the belly landing, but he did mention it was flying.

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
          My pleasure. I did not ask about the belly landing, but he did mention it was flying.
          I looked it up after I asked, it was in 2012 so yes I assumed it had probably been fixed since then. Good stuff, can't wait
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

This is great news. I've never seen Miss Merced in person. It will be great to see it back racing after all these years. I think its really cool when the old racers come back.

Will

Comment

I looked it up after I asked, it was in 2012 so yes I assumed it had probably been fixed since then. Good stuff, can't wait
              In 2013 it was out at it's home airshow, looked like it was airworthy but it didn't fly during the show.

Comment

Working...
              X