Sweeeeeeeet!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you. . .

Don

De Camara
09-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!

SkyvanDelta
09-21-2015, 07:36 PM
At the end of the race, Hoot climbs out of a cockpit that is probably very hot, and instead of giving him a cold drink and cold towel to put around his neck, they give him a yellow jacket to put on. Funny.

JuliaFord9
09-22-2015, 06:21 AM
It was organized very nice.

CRJpilot
09-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Another Sunday Gold final video shared on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDqgtC1R9Q

Thanks to all that share!

Don

SkyvanDelta
09-23-2015, 09:32 PM
They need to get the slower racers off the course. Once the fastet plane catches them, they are a hazard, they can slow the fastest racers down and can cause an unnecessary change in positions in the fastest racers. Get them off the course and allow the fastest to compete without clutter on the course.

flyingjibus
09-24-2015, 07:38 AM
dealing with slower competitors is part of racing.

Ken Adkins
09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Another Sunday Gold final video shared on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDqgtC1R9Q

Thanks to all that share!

Don

Thanks for sharing the Sunday Gold video! Can't believe I heard "take that NASCAR" again (for the 10th year running). When will the inane commentary end?

boomtown
09-25-2015, 09:59 AM
How do they clock the pace lap?

hm66sk
09-25-2015, 10:11 PM
They need to get the slower racers off the course. Once the fastet plane catches them, they are a hazard, they can slow the fastest racers down and can cause an unnecessary change in positions in the fastest racers. Get them off the course and allow the fastest to compete without clutter on the course.
Hmmm. Maybe you missed the "Super Gold Shootout" debacle of '94?

Idaho_cowpony
09-26-2015, 06:31 AM
How do they clock the pace lap?

It's shown in their race-course maps. Essentially, It starts someplace out around the end of rw 26, cutting off a small part of the east side of the course, and then picking up on the guide pylon, then pylon 4.

Of course, the speeds will be high, considering they just came down the chute.

- Joseph

boomtown
09-26-2015, 08:20 AM
It's shown in their race-course maps. Essentially, It starts someplace out around the end of rw 26, cutting off a small part of the east side of the course, and then picking up on the guide pylon, then pylon 4.

Of course, the speeds will be high, considering they just came down the chute.

- Joseph

Thanks Joseph

Fence Sence
09-26-2015, 09:04 AM

Have you ever been to the air races? Ever?

cheapskater
09-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Two unlimited races per day with 100mph speed differences between the "runners" and the "racers" in the same race no longer makes any sense. Dreadnought cruising along at 426 doesn't make much sense. Bring back bronze, silver and gold races each day and put the 3 or 4 fastest planes in the Gold race. Make them work for a win in each category by going fast. That is what racing is supposed to be all about. Otherwise it is just a parade. Have to adjust for the limited unlimited turnout the best way possible.

Idaho_cowpony
09-26-2015, 10:16 AM
I can understand a full field in the Gold on Sunday... It does make things a bit interesting.. Plus, if the top 3-4 aircraft break, or cut deadlines/pylons, it allows someone else to take the victory.

However, there should be a division made, to where a fast aircraft that didn't qualify, would not be forced to run laps around the low 300's guys.

- Joseph

hm66sk
09-26-2015, 10:39 AM
Two unlimited races per day with 100mph speed differences between the "runners" and the "racers" in the same race no longer makes any sense. Dreadnought cruising along at 426 doesn't make much sense. Bring back bronze, silver and gold races each day and put the 3 or 4 fastest planes in the Gold race. Make them work for a win in each category by going fast. That is what racing is supposed to be all about. Otherwise it is just a parade. Have to adjust for the limited unlimited turnout the best way possible.

I think the only way to have a race as you envision (with constant position changes) would be two or three lap sprints. Part of the name of the game is longevity.

Reever
09-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Hmmm. Maybe you missed the "Super Gold Shootout" debacle of '94?

Oh does that bring back bad memories. Just say you have the three fastest in a "gold shootout" for Sundays final race, and two have mechanical issues, which is not unusual.

cheapskater
09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Yup, I missed 94 because of my job, sigh. Seems to me that the super gold racers decided in advance who would win or something like that. Wasn't a particularly fast gold race or super gold that year. Just the same if teams and racers are getting paid to just show up as has been rumored for some time perhaps restoring a little competition into the mix would be a good thing. On the other hand I remember a gold heat from 1987 or 88 where 6 out of the 8 planes maydayed during the heat or during cool down and Hoover had to buzz a fuel truck off of a runway to just get everyone down safely. It was the race where Tsunami collapsed its gear during rollout.

Bill@Interstell
09-27-2015, 09:43 PM

I'm guessing you missed the year they did the super gold.

jarrodeu
09-28-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm guessing you missed the year they did the super gold.

Speculation is SkyvanDelta has never been to the races.

Jarrod