Congrats to Hoot and Tean Strega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Hoot and Tean Strega

Congrats to Hoot and team Strega. You smoked the field.

Hats off to Stu and team Rare Bear.

Dreadnought 3rd yahoo for the Sanders and team Dreadnought

And what about Sawbones, great finishes gents.

Re: Congrats to Hoot and Tean Strega

Hoot rocked it!!!

Well deserved and earned win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      Hoot rocked it!!!

Well deserved and earned win!!!
      +1

I'm a Rare Bear fan from way back, but I was happy for Hoot, Tiger and Team Strega today (and pleased that the Bear was running at the end, too).

Also, I'm happy that John Parker won in Sport at long last. Congratulations to John and the Blue Thunder II team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
        +1

I'm a Rare Bear fan from way back, but I was happy for Hoot, Tiger and Team Strega today (and pleased that the Bear was running at the end, too).

Also, I'm happy that John Parker won in Sport at long last. Congratulations to John and the Blue Thunder II team.
        +1! Great race, bummer that Steven wasn't able to finish with Voodoo, but none-the-less a great race! I can't think of any Unlimited pilots that deserve a win more that Hoot! Congrats and best of luck next year!

Comment

Congrats Hoot; well deserved win! We all knew it would happen. He ran 232 so well and flies a beautiful line. It's about time. Way to go Hoot

Comment

Congrats to Hoot! He's made such great runs with 232, its great to finally see him take the checkered. Good that the Bear is inching back toward form- still not where it needs to be, but better and better. And what can anyone say about Dreadnought, except that the Sanders have a machine that is simply a force of nature. Reliable and unflappable as gravity. It would have been nice to have a healthy Voodoo to really push the issue, and I blame the orange. I think the lesson from Rare Bear over a number of years is, "don't change the paint on the race plane." All kidding aside (I know its not at all funny), it stinks to have any one of the aircraft break on the course.

Congrats again, and I'm eagerly awaiting the videos, photos, blow-by-blow details, and report on what went wrong with Voodoo. But I know the people there are enjoying their time on the ramp, and I wouldn't begrudge them one second of that!!
            Last edited by 440_Magnum; 09-20-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Hoot was great as was Strega. I reall enjoyed the Sunday Gold this year, maybe even a little better than last years Saturday Gold which was the great.
              Good racing Hoot, Tiger and Strega!
              Ron

Comment

Fantastic Gold racing both Saturday and Sunday. Watched the Saturday race from the pits and the Sunday final on the ridge on the other side of the Valley of Speed. Simply awesome to watch Hoot dissect the course and Stu pushing Voodoo until the pass. What a great race! And always fun to see Dreadnought rip past and shake the earth with that wicked low radial rumble...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3357-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	228033

Comment

Happy that Hoot finally got it done! Would be interesting to hear his comparison of racing an inline vs. the radials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuov-ol85ic
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X