PDA

View Full Version : 9-17-15

Fence Sence
09-18-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm officially out of tickets and money for the year. I'll be riding the fence from here on out.

Thursday was a really nice day. Beautiful weather great racing and not nearly too much airshow stuff. Perfect. :thumbsup:

First of all, Pete Z is making a fool of me. He flew excellent yesterday and is damn fast. Much like you Wayne, I like my crow fried. I might even have to eat some gizzards.

Race 777 (not sure of the pilots name) is unsafe. He puts himself in bad possitions. He bailed out of one of the going into 6 and the bail out was sketchy. I appreciate a good decision to get out of a bad position but, he jumped right back into being a jack ass. C'mon man. I hope the other jet pilots take him in a back room and set him straight. It's BS from where I'm sitting. There's no place for it in this event.

badman
09-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Was 777 one of the L-39's that had the mid-air in PRS last year or the year before?

GRNDP51
09-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Was 777 one of the L-39's that had the mid-air in PRS last year or the year before?

Race 777 was, not sure if it was the same airframe though..? This years 777 might be a different plane

badman
09-18-2015, 10:48 AM
well, same or different airframe is one thing - is it the same pilot?

GRNDP51
09-18-2015, 11:47 AM
well, same or different airframe is one thing - is it the same pilot?

I'm not sure, I think the other 777 was pilot based in Reno and the new 777 is Georgia. Larry Lee is his name and it does sound familiar. Not sure

GRNDP51
09-18-2015, 11:48 AM
One thing I noticed about today's schedule is there's no Viper demo. I heard it is having problems but that shouldn't keep the whole demo away, just bring in another one maybe?? :mad::confused:

Sven42
09-18-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure, I think the other 777 was pilot based in Reno and the new 777 is Georgia. Larry Lee is his name and it does sound familiar. Not sure

Same pilot listed 2012 and 2015. Different N number, same race number.

GRNDP51
09-18-2015, 02:19 PM
He just got black flagged at the beginning of silver heat..

John H
09-18-2015, 04:41 PM
And today's Gold podium is

1. Bear

2. Strega

3. Voodoo

Bear is looking good. I think we are in for a great race Sunday, everyone was throttled back today.

goldfinger
09-18-2015, 05:01 PM
And today's Gold podium is

1. Bear

2. Strega

3. Voodoo

Bear is looking good. I think we are in for a great race Sunday, everyone was throttled back today.

Anyone know what Hoot was up to after the race? Made a dive for the field with gear down going fast and then a go around?

GRNDP51
09-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Anyone know what Hoot was up to after the race? Made a dive for the field with gear down going fast and then a go around?
Wanted to be safe with Bear still on the runway in front of him

John H
09-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Yea saw that , I was on that side of the field that concerned me it looked like a shuttle landing !

glider90
09-18-2015, 06:14 PM
He just got black flagged at the beginning of silver heat..

With a unique footnote in the reports...
"DQ by Jet Class reason TBD"

MRussell
09-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Yea saw that , I was on that side of the field that concerned me it looked like a shuttle landing !

Haha, maybe he misses landing the old girl (shuttle)!

Sven42
09-18-2015, 09:16 PM
With a unique footnote in the reports...
"DQ by Jet Class reason TBD"

Says for erratic flying now. I'm sure he was on a short leash after the mid air, but it's sorta surprising they let him race at all if you read the report.

Race5
09-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Says for erratic flying now. I'm sure he was on a short leash after the mid air, but it's sorta surprising they let him race at all if you read the report.

To this day he still blames the other pilot for the accident. After the stunt he pulled coming around 6 yesterday I'm surprised they even let him get back in the jet today.

GRNDP51
09-19-2015, 03:18 AM
To this day he still blames the other pilot for the accident. After the stunt he pulled coming around 6 yesterday I'm surprised they even let him get back in the jet today.

Don't think he should be flying much more over this weekend especially after the DQ, give him another year of PRS and some practice before letting him on the course again. Has anyone ever been "banned" from racing because they just aren't capable?

Race5
09-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Don't think he should be flying much more over this weekend especially after the DQ, give him another year of PRS and some practice before letting him on the course again. Has anyone ever been "banned" from racing because they just aren't capable?

It's rare because they are usually weeded out trough failing PRS but I can think of two pilots off hand that were told to never come back after flying poorly in race mode.

Sven42
09-19-2015, 10:16 AM
There were rookies on course, learning the routine with instructors, but with no passing allowed -common in racing schools for other motorsports. The veterans were orbiting high and 2 of them decided to land. 777 dove on the course, turned inside the trail rookie and got trapped by rising terrain. Fearing it would require too many g's to complete the inside pass, he leveled out and hit the rookie in the belly. I don't see how you can blame the other pilot. Passing is not allowed on the inside, plus there was to be no passing at all for this session.

Steve

badman
09-19-2015, 10:44 AM
There were rookies on course, learning the routine with instructors, but with no passing allowed -common in racing schools for other motorsports. The veterans were orbiting high and 2 of them decided to land. 777 dove on the course, turned inside the trail rookie and got trapped by rising terrain. Fearing it would require too many g's to complete the inside pass, he leveled out and hit the rookie in the belly. I don't see how you can blame the other pilot. Passing is not allowed on the inside, plus there was to be no passing at all for this session.

Steve

How does a pilot "pass" PRS after doing this?

badman
09-19-2015, 10:47 AM
It's rare because they are usually weeded out trough failing PRS but I can think of two pilots off hand that were told to never come back after flying poorly in race mode.

As I recall Darryl G was banned for 1 year - that's when Laidley(?) raced Conquest 1 and I think he got DQ for low flying?

boomtown
09-19-2015, 06:29 PM

I could not agree more...