Precious Metal Is On It's Way To Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal Is On It's Way To Reno

Follow him on www.flightaware.com . Enter "N6WJ" to see where Thom is at.....

Re: Precious Metal Is On It's Way To Reno

Progress on FlightAware:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6WJ
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Anyone have inside news on the new wingtips...which honestly look 1970's new?

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=5660196E
      Last edited by Tigercat24; 09-08-2015, 11:24 AM.
      "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
        Anyone have inside news on the new wingtips...which honestly look 1970's new?

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=5660196E
        They're going to make the airplane go faster.........

Comment

From the PM Facebook page:

Dear Race Fans,

It's with a heavy heart I am forced to announce the end of Precious Metal's air racing career. She sustained heavy damage in a ground fire at a fuel stop this afternoon.

The aircraft was running fine and I was taxying out of the chocks after fueling up, a gentleman came running and signaled me to shut down. I had no idea I was on fire until he alerted me as it was under the airplane. By the time I came to a stop the flames were reaching the cockpit on the left side and I abandoned ship. There was no time to attempt fighting the fire as we feared an imminent explosion with 190 gallons of fuel onboard.

The fire department showed up after about 12 minutes and took 20 minutes to put the flames out with foam. But the damage was done. The aircraft is intact, but sustained heavy damage.

Thank you for all the support over the years, you are the best fans.

Thom Richard

Comment

Airplanes can be replaced or repaired, Thom, not so easy. Easy to say, so much harder to swallow! These guys have worked so hard on their program, to get kicked in the nuts like this is just not fair! That said, what if it had not happened on the ground... If that thing had popped after takeoff, this would be an entirely different thread, indeed.

God bless you Thom and crew, I know you are disappointed but maybe it's not as bad as it looks?

Go get em in IF1!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

She'll remain in our hearts forever. Glad Thom's ok
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Airplanes can be replaced or repaired, Thom, not so easy. Easy to say, so much harder to swallow! These guys have worked so hard on their program, to get kicked in the nuts like this is just not fair! That said, what if it had not happened on the ground... If that thing had popped after takeoff, this would be an entirely different thread, indeed.

God bless you Thom and crew, I know you are disappointed but maybe it's not as bad as it looks?

Go get em in IF1!
                That's all I really care about. Today I didn't lose a very good friend; I just lost my sweetie.

Comment

Man, this absolutely sucks! I was really psyched to see PM battle up front this year. Maybe the picture posted over on WiX doesn't tell enough about the damage, but it didn't look too bad. I'm sure any rubber, fiber, fabric, or plastic is gone. Thom is OK and that's most important. Hopefully, the airframe is in better condition than expected. Would love to see PM in the air again, even if not at the races. Good luck in the IF1!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                    That's all I really care about. Today I didn't lose a very good friend; I just lost my sweetie.
                    Yes. Very glad that Thom is OK.

Is there insurance that would cover this incident?

Comment

Working...
                    X