2015 Entry list is posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Entry list is posted

That is a lot of Sport planes. Looks like it's going to be a GREAT year at the races!!!!!!!!

Be positive folks!

Re: 2015 Entry list is posted

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
    That is a lot of Sport planes. Looks like it's going to be a GREAT year at the races!!!!!!!!

Be positive folks!

LAAAAA PAAATRROONNNNAAAAA

* no Race 39 though in sport?? Interesting...
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-19-2015, 05:59 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      http://reports.airrace.org

Not sure they have work release program in the Fed Pen..........................
      "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
        Not sure they have work release program in the Fed Pen..........................
        So... Without Jeff LaVelle, who's the favorite to win the Sport Class? Will Kevin win in his NXT? Is it Parker's turn? Lynn Farnsworth...?

I noticed that 88 is entered - is that the same Legacy that had the mishap last year or another airframe?

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
          Okay, what did I miss?

Edit...just found it. Holy cow...
          Last edited by omalley1537; 08-19-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by omalley1537 View Post
            Okay, what did I miss?

Edit...just found it. Holy cow...
            I didn't understand it until just now either, would've NEVER guessed..
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
              So... Without Jeff LaVelle, who's the favorite to win the Sport Class? Will Kevin win in his NXT? Is it Parker's turn? Lynn Farnsworth...?

I noticed that 88 is entered - is that the same Legacy that had the mishap last year or another airframe?
              I think it will be between Parker and Andrew Finlay. If Andrew can keep his healthy, and the new prop works, I think he has the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                http://reports.airrace.org

It will be great to see La Patrona since it was not listed on their website as coming!...

Looks like Mike Brown is not listed as flying and attended PRS, any idea why that may be or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  I think it will be between Parker and Andrew Finlay. If Andrew can keep his healthy, and the new prop works, I think he has the edge.
                  I wouldn't count out relentless, if that engine stays together it will be HAULING! And I for sure wouldn't count out Race 8. Been the fastest legacy there each year, qualified 380 and some change right with Parker last year. Now that the Legacies have the waste gate issues solved, it will be interesting to see who really turns the course the fastest. Can't wait

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                  It will be great to see La Patrona since it was not listed on their website as coming!...

Looks like Mike Brown is not listed as flying and attended PRS, any idea why that may be or am I missing something?
                  I heard that Risky wouldn't be ready in time so Mike never even went to PRS despite being signed up
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I didn't see Czech Mate on the roster (???). After such a great run in 2014, I would have expected Race #86 & Mr. Smoot to be at 2015.

Comment

I get the "stay positive" mantra but it's hard to look at the unlimited entry list and not think of all the Gold racers from recent years that won't be on the ramp in 2015 (for a variety of reasons)....Czech Mate, 232, Furias, Fury, Spirit of Texas, Riff Raff, Steadfast, Ridge Runner III, Miss America, Galloping Ghost, Pardue's Bearcat, and of course Dago....Glad I was able to attend for many years in a row to see all these great racers and hope a few may return in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_E_Richards View Post
                        I didn't see Czech Mate on the roster (???). After such a great run in 2014, I would have expected Race #86 & Mr. Smoot to be at 2015.
                        Owner had issues with RARA, Smoot trying to work it out so they can race next year.

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
                        I get the "stay positive" mantra but it's hard to look at the unlimited entry list and not think of all the Gold racers from recent years that won't be on the ramp in 2015 (for a variety of reasons)....Czech Mate, 232, Furias, Fury, Spirit of Texas, Riff Raff, Steadfast, Ridge Runner III, Miss America, Galloping Ghost, Pardue's Bearcat, and of course Dago....Glad I was able to attend for many years in a row to see all these great racers and hope a few may return in the coming years.
                        Yea it's sad that most of these planes aren't there, BUT we have an all out Precious metal that we have never had before, I see 232 coming back eventually (I hope mike brown ), Czech mate should be back, fury, bearcat and ghost don't even exist anymore, Furias and miss Merced still have some potential considering their owner is racing a T-6 this year, and hey, maybe he will like it, spirit of Texas should still be racing but Dawson in Rare bear messed that up, steadfast, riff raff and RRIII I definitely miss but it was time for them to move on, and Dago is rumored to be coming back if things shape up! I think we have to look at it as we have a VERY strong competition among Voodoo Strega the bear and PM this year, and we have some stockers such as speedball, lady Jo, the new yak 11 "Lylia" and Grim Reaper showing some signs of hope in the future. Hey even without 232 and Czech mate we still have 1 more entry than we did last year
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post

Be positive folks!
                          Afternoon,

It's real hard to be positive with only fifteen (15) or so unlimited entries. That just is not enough aircraft to hold enough races, as seen last year, and I think it's telling that some aircraft owners are not entered because of differences with RARA, which is nothing new.

Even more telling is all the comments about the Sport Class entries. Now don't take it wrong as I'm not bashing the class just making a observation. The Sport Class may save the races once the unlimiteds are gone.

As one who's been coming to the races and working unlimited race places since 1980 unlimited pylon air racing at Reno is over, they just haven't thrown the last checkered flag, but I can see the flagman reaching for it. This comment is not meant to blame anyone or group it is just the route things are going.

Warbird Willie

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird5 View Post
                            Afternoon,

It's real hard to be positive with only fifteen (15) or so unlimited entries. That just is not enough aircraft to hold enough races, as seen last year, and I think it's telling that some aircraft owners are not entered because of differences with RARA, which is nothing new.

Even more telling is all the comments about the Sport Class entries. Now don't take it wrong as I'm not bashing the class just making a observation. The Sport Class may save the races once the unlimiteds are gone.

As one who's been coming to the races and working unlimited race places since 1980 unlimited pylon air racing at Reno is over, they just haven't thrown the last checkered flag, but I can see the flagman reaching for it. This comment is not meant to blame anyone or group it is just the route things are going.

Warbird Willie
                            I guess that's one way to look at it. I'm just choosing to take a different spin. Come September, I get to sit out on the ramp and watch World War II era aircraft go flying by, along with a whole bunch of other classes and performances. We can always talk about how great it used to be, but should that really make this year less enjoyable? We still get to go and watch an amazing, one of a kind event.

Comment

Couldn't agree more, PBP. Folks have been providing Last Rites and closing the casket on this sport for many, many years. Will there come a time when UNL's will no longer round the stick at Stead...likely so. But until that day, and for every day in between, I, for one, will enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, and scenes in the land of bad-ass speed in debauchery. And that is to take absolutely NOTHING away from the other classes. If UNL ceases to operate, I'll still be there at Home Pylon no matter which classes are running.

Call me Pollyanna or whatever... I just simply choose to embrace the history, enjoy the moment and envision the future in a positive light when it comes to Reno.

Guess I don't want to get to the day we all dread, look back...and wish I'd said more, done more, and enjoyed the moments more. Let's leave it all on the floor...and enjoy the ride.

Here's to a safe and exciting week. Hope to see you on the ramp!
                              Owen Ashurst
                              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X