F-22 Nellis Air Show... Awesome Bird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 Nellis Air Show... Awesome Bird!

Even if you're not into Air Racing or any of the several Air Show acts that will be here at Nellis this week.. The F-22 Static display will make the outing worth the trip!

There's a story behind these two pictures.. but for me to tell ya.. will cost you at LEAST one beer at Nellis!

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Another look at an awesome machine!

The F-22 Raptor will be shown behind a roped area, along with a stealth fighter and a U2.... Do NOT... I repeat... DO NOT, step over the rope!

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dear Mr. Sagar,

Thank you for your interest in Nellis Air Force Base and our five beautiful F/A-22 Raptors.

In the future, please contact the local public affairs office before shooting such lovely photos. The face you save from the concrete might very well be your own.

Also, Red means STOP in every country of the world. Should you see these lines in the future, please treat them as "lines of death." They are actually the blood of those who came before you and made the same mistake. Notice the fresh paint on the Nellis flightline.

Looking forward to seeing you and all others who dare photgraph the Raptor this weekend.

Comment

Hummn!

In all fairness, and in the interest of all... Chuck and I have been havng some "fun" with the pictures from today, and to all.. The F-22 is one of our country's most top secret weapons platforms. The United States Air Force is granting all who attend Aviation Nation 2003 the chance to see this wonderful example of our modern technology "up close and personal" this coming weekend.

The above pictures were shot with complete supervison and approval of the USAF, by myself. Very strict security meausres are, and will be in effect during the airshow this weekend.

The F-22 will be on "limited" display and your respect for all security measures implimented by the USAF Security Forces will be greatly appreciated by all..

The United States is the greatest country on this planet and our armed forces continue to keep it this way for us, day in, and day out, 24/7. Show your appreciation for their efforts!

When you cross the security gates at Nellis. Take time to thank anyone you see in uniform for what they are doing for us!

Have a GREAT weekend at Vegas and at the Nellis Air Show 2003!

Wayne Sagar
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Uh Huh...

Okay, Wayne...now tell us the real story...

Have you been crossing lines of death again!? You're not supposed to do that unless you have your Invisible Paparazzi" suit on.

...or at a minimum, the Sixth Fleet and a lot of water between you and Libya.

...or a "Magical Bear" with you leading the way.

You know, sort of like Chief Dan George leading Dustin Hoffman around in Little Big Man:

"I'm Invisible!"

Remember, when Air Force security have you lying face down on the ground with their forces circling you and their M-16A1 rifles pointed at your head, that is not the time to yell with the optimism of George Armstrong Custer:

"Take No Prisoners!"

Just remember, if someone yells "Duck," drop to the ground, don't try to swing your camera around and look for a Grumman Amphibian.

Not a good moment to have a long lens that looks like a weapon.

Comment

Once again the air farce is going to have a static display.....yeah it's pretty...pretty much just like all the pictures we've all seen ....seen...and seen again...

I don't beleieve the thing acutally flies. Despite all the "footage" I've seen on the Discovery channel.......

When is the air force actually going to show the public it does actually fly???

BUt never the less, I'll end up going to Nellis and taking yet another picture of my family, right in front of the Static display of the Raptor.\

And when was the last time an SR-71 actually flew over an air show??? Ah yes,..... I harken back to the day I was stationed near Kadena AFB and got to see multiple SR71 HABU flights every day......AWESOME.....

Nellis had a SR71 on Display back in '97 but apparently it had a flat tire and couldn't fly on Saturday.....'

And why is it we've NEVER SEEN any Russian Migs or SU jets at american airshows......I think it's some sort of conspiracy.....yeah that's it.... a conspriacy.....Back in '97 I was really hopefull I'd see some Ruskies, but with seven foriegn flight teams, and the most awesome airshow ever to be seen..... I could let the russian thing go...... a little.....

Comment

It flew at the recent "Open House" at Edwards AFB....Nothing but some fly-by's though...Nothing to show its performance.

Comment

Broken link?

That URL doesn't work for me, Tyson: the dreaded 404 error. Guess the USAF security detail has already lowered the boom, eh? ;-)
                SteveZ

Comment

Great Pics

Excellent photos...where were you positioned and what kind of lens/filters were you using? Also, digital or film?

Comment

GREAT photos Tyson, ever think about doing this for a living??? ( pun intended)

Comment

Re: doh!

Well worth the wait, Tyson. Great shots, all.
                      SteveZ

Comment

Hey great pictures.

Yeah I'm Mr unregis-terd....but I have tried to register a couple of times, but never got it to work.....

So just call me "terd", that works for me!

Yeah saw the SR 71 at Beale few years ago, it was pretty cool when he flew over at 80 thousand feet with a twin boom. and an hour later he landed and rolled right up to the crowd,....that was really cool.

Comment

strange rumors.....

.......sounds from the distance say:

....shaved legs,short skirt blonde wig
                          gets free pass over red paint lines
                          (stern warning only)......

.....Well Wayner is that what it took ?

....(I know of no Florida brewed beer 'cept --------- -Bush)

.....I'll catch ya fer one next Sun-N- Fun!
                          Mayday51
                          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Excellent picture, Wayne! I'd like to push the throttles on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              And why is it we've NEVER SEEN any Russian Migs or SU jets at american airshows......I think it's some sort of conspiracy.....yeah that's it.... a conspriacy.....Back in '97 I was really hopefull I'd see some Ruskies, but with seven foriegn flight teams, and the most awesome airshow ever to be seen..... I could let the russian thing go...... a little.....
                              I can think of at least one US air show that had a Sukhoi that wasn't a piston powered aerobatic plane. There was an SU-27 at the Salinas, CA air show several years ago, I can't remember exactly when. I'll have to go find my T shirt that I bought and report back. They did fly Pougachev's Cobra in the show, which I must say is impressive to see (~110 degrees of pitch).
                              Jeff Lo
                              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Working...
                              X