Another Precious Metal ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Precious Metal ??

If You're Going To Do Something, You Might As Well Do It All The Way This 1/4th scale P-47 Superbolt is truly one of a kind. Weighing 83 pounds with a wingspan of over 9 feet, this is one Rc you'll want to see takeoff. To make this massive Rc warbird even better, it's powered by a 400cc, 5 cylinder

Re: Another Precious Metal ??

Awesome plane, awesome video!!!! Thanks for posting, makes me want to see a full race Thunderbolt now though
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Wow, awesome RC. The engine has a nice lope at idle and the flight characteristics on take off and landing are closer to the real thing when compared to smaller scale RCs.

Not something you take for granted when flying, sure could cause some damage and/or serious injuries.

Thanks for sharing.

And yes, I sure would like to see a P47 at Reno as well.

Comment

Check these out: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...ication-5.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Veich View Post
          Awesome work in that link!

I haven't spent time on RCU in about 10 years now, but I seem to remember your screen name on there? Maybe with a Corsair avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
            I haven't spent time on RCU in about 10 years now, but I seem to remember your screen name on there? Maybe with a Corsair avatar?
            Sorry 1:1, my Avatar has been the ex_PoF Spitfire XIX for many, many years. Prior to that I used a shot of the front end of John Paul's P-40E.

Comment

It's probably the Spitfire I'm remembering now that you mention it. I was picturing a navy color warbird with roundels in my mind, but the it's been a long time, the picture was fuzzy! Corsairs-Spitfires... same thing!

It's always funny to me to see someone from one forum posting on another (sometimes unrelated) forum. This is the powerplant for my TF 1/7 P-51 with a 14" prop:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1924.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	227988

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
                This is the powerplant for my TF 1/7 P-51 with a 14" prop:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21607[/ATTACH]
                RCV 1.20 I'm guessing? I had their .90 which I wanted to use in a Hellcat that I scratch built. I tested the engine in a Hangar 9 Hellcat ARF and while it proved to be user friendly it only adequately powered the 9 1/2 pound ARF. I knew there was no way it was going to be enough in my 11 1/2 pound scratch built "lead sled"! Wish I would have had a 1.20 as the prospect of swinging a near scale prop is quite exciting.

Comment

Yep, wish I could say I had great luck with it, but the whole point behind it was keeping everything inside the cowl and to swing the big 4 blade. It did a good job of pulling the plane around at pretty scale like speeds, until it would overheat. I never got around to working out the cooling details, and wasn't hot (no pun intended) on the idea of installing a scoop or cooling fan in the cowl. Maybe a spray bar?

That thing needed full right rudder to keep it straight on the takeoff roll

Comment

Working...
                  X