Oshkosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh

One Day, I would like to attend this awesome event. Is anyone able to post pictures or updates?

I would think it would take some time to cover ALL of the aircraft, and displays!

I asked Brain Sanders 2 weeks ago if they were ready for Reno, his reply........We are always Ready!

Warbirds45

Re: Oshkosh

Have a look around.

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I will be there tomorrow and Saturday, and I'll post my photos here later next week.

Comment

Good. There's also a very extensive thread with lots of fine photos over on the WIX board.

Comment

I'm posting these later than I had hoped to, but I hope you all enjoy them anyway.

Here are a few photos from the Thursday Warbird show which could have been title "Merlin Madness"

Lancaster Over the Moon by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Mosquito Photo Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Fox & Crow by Connor Madison, on Flickr

A familiar face, in the wrong place...
          Ole Yeller 4-ship by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Vlado Lenoch putting on some of the best Mustang passes I've ever seen at Oshkosh
          Baby Duck Hot Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

And a rarity at Osh; one of the big-time restorations flying in the show!
          Sierra Sue II Hot Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Comment

Awesome pictures!!!! IIRC Swamp Fox is a pretty recent restoration as well. VERY jealous you got to see some of these Stangs that probably aren't seen too often!!!!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Awesome pictures!!!! IIRC Swamp Fox is a pretty recent restoration as well. VERY jealous you got to see some of these Stangs that probably aren't seen too often!!!!
              Thanks! Yeah according to MustangsMustangs it's first post-restoration flight was in 2012, and didn't appear at Oshkosh till 2013 so I'd consider that pretty recent. Swamp Fox is probably one of my favorite Mustangs so it was really awesome to see it fly.

It was quite the show that day, 15 mustangs in the air plus a Yak and Sea Fury!

I'll post more after work today!

Connor

Comment

A few more photos, this time from the Saturday show.

FiFi Bomb Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Black Sky Raptor by Connor Madison, on Flickr

The Fagen Fighter's P-38 is now painted as Robin Olds' Scat III
                Scat III Landing by Connor Madison, on Flickr

F-100 Takeoff by Connor Madison, on Flickr

F-4 Phantom Climb by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Phanotom Sunset pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Corsair NightShow by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Silver Dragon at Night by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Comment

Awesome pictures once again! Didn't know they had a Phantom come, once again very jealous. The F-100 picture is pretty sweet as well, nice work
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I grew up not being all that interested in jet fighters, since they were in the sky all over the place as there was an active Air Force base in the next county over. By contrast it was a rare treat to see Mustangs, Lightnings, and other WWII iron.

But now, decades later, I have to say that the photos of the F-100 and F-4 positively made me drool. They're older now (and less often seen) than the Mustangs and Lightnings were when I was a kid. What I wouldn't give to see a 'Century Series' formation, but some of those types will likely never fly again.
                    Last edited by 440_Magnum; 08-04-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      Awesome pictures once again! Didn't know they had a Phantom come, once again very jealous. The F-100 picture is pretty sweet as well, nice work
                      Thank you!! Yeah it wasn't a huge announcement -I only found out through one of my Facebook friends.
                      The F-100 & F-4 flights were definitely the highlight for me -especially seeing the 100 light up right in front of me. And thanks again!

Here are a couple more of the F-100

I felt this one needed some extra motion
                      F-100 Rollout by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Burner Time! by Connor Madison, on Flickr

F-100 Pass 2 by Connor Madison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                        I grew up not being all that interested in jet fighters, since they were in the sky all over the place as there was an active Air Force base in the next county over. By contrast it was a rare treat to see Mustangs, Lightnings, and other WWII iron.

But now, decades later, I have to say that the photos of the F-100 and F-4 positively made me drool. They're older now (and less often seen) than the Mustangs and Lightnings were when I was a kid. What I wouldn't give to see a 'Century Series' formation, but some of those types will likely never fly again.
                        Same here! Sadly though I think you're right, I've heard rumors that the Oshkosh flight may have been the last public airshow appearance by a USAF F-4.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                          I'm posting these later than I had hoped to, but I hope you all enjoy them anyway.

Here are a few photos from the Thursday Warbird show which could have been title "Merlin Madness"

And a rarity at Osh; one of the big-time restorations flying in the show!
                          Sierra Sue II Hot Pass by Connor Madison, on Flickr
                          Awesome pictures!
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                            Awesome pictures!
                            Thanks, Samuel!

Comment

They are all awesome pics imho - great job!!!
                              Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                              X