Hot Stuff's Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Stuff's Potential

Thom got that little continental up to 263 in Spain quals earlier!!! For the record that's only 4mph behind Senegal's record setting 267 lap last year. After the Nigeria quals in the 240 range I am nothing less than impressed with the program that Thom and crew are running on this plane. 263 could also be rather conservative considering the well know "second place sets the pace" phrase. GO THOM GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Hot Stuff's Potential

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Thom got that little continental up to 263 in Spain quals earlier!!! For the record that's only 4mph behind Senegal's record setting 267 lap last year. After the Nigeria quals in the 240 range I am nothing less than impressed with the program that Thom and crew are running on this plane. 263 could also be rather conservative considering the well know "second place sets the pace" phrase. GO THOM GOOD LUCK!!!!
    And that's almost at sea level!

Comment

This is a serious Raceplane. Brian Reberry and his team up in Idaho did something quite remarkable. I hope Thom shows us her true potential...

This is Brian in 2012.

Comment

"His Formula One is only slightly slower than his Unlimited...He is the most interesting man in the world...Stay at Stead all day Sunday, my friends"

Comment

I wonder how the course speed calculation differ from Reno. It's a fast airplane, but it's a bit of an apples to bowling ball comparison. Will be fun to watch in Sept. though.

Comment

Working...
          X