Birgitta's Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birgitta's Reno

As I may have mentioned once or twice, I'm a huge fan of my wife's photography. Despite muttering periodically that "this is a REALLY stupid sport" Birgitta not only supports my passion for Air Racing but picks up a camera herself (and Reno is the only place she ever takes pictures) and comes back with really remarkable images.

This year she got to do some flying... Looking at this photo makes me realize that these L39s are really pretty large airplanes.
    Attached Files

Re: Birgitta's Reno

Originally posted by wingman
    Looking at this photo makes me realize that these L39s are really pretty large airplanes.
    Or, Mary is a small pilot, heh heh.

Nice photo!

Comment

Hello Wingman:

That was a great photo that your wife took of Mary's L-39. I am glad to see that both of you are posting your photos on this web site. I for one have enjoyed your photos for many years and it's nice to seem them regularly rather than once or twice a year when we meet at Reno or another race site.

I also wanted to mention that the one photo that has always remained in my office over the years is the one you took of me on the ramp in the 80's. I keep in my office not for the photo of myself but because of the person that took it and signed it. It reminds me that I have had the privelage to have been photographed by one of the greatest air racing photgraphers alive.

Both of you keep up the good work and keep posting those great photos!!!

AIRRACE
      California DMV Plates

Comment

Thanks for the kind words -- here's another shot from Birgitta's photo shoot with Mary -- this one with Stead and the pits in the background. Too bad about the sun glare in the canopy!
        Attached Files

Comment

Birgitta also got to fly with Steve Dilda in the pace plane for a practice race start on Tuesday -- the day with the cold wild winds. She came back worried that none of her shots would turn out usably sharp because Felix and all the racers were bouncing around so much, and the wind was "like a hurricane" in Felix's cockpit. As it turned out, she (as usual) did just fine. Here she's up close with John Zayac in Race #12...
          Attached Files

Comment

There were Raceplanes all over the sky that Tuesday. These guys' skills at formation flying , as well as racing in such conditions are really impressive!
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice shot of the formation in front of Peavine Mountain. The new start does give a new route and some nice scenery on the way to the Race start!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X