PRS 2015 - Attending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS 2015 - Attending?

We're seven weeks from PRS 2015. Curious if/how many AAFO'ers out there are planning on attending? I'll be there Thursday PM thru Sunday PM.

Hope to see some of you on the ramp.

Cheers!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Re: PRS 2015 - Attending?

Out of curiosity...Any chance of Live Airshow TV helping the air race junkies that can't go get a fix?

Comment

Is there any RV parking at Stead during PRS?
      How much flying goes on during a typical day during PRS?

Comment

RV parking I would say none officially. However there are lots of open spaces. Of course flying all depends on how many rookies there are. Formula's might have 1 or 2, Biplanes the same. Sport and Super sport might have 20 -30. T-6's Dennis Buehn to get practice, he resides in Fallon with the planes in Carson City, and maybe 1 or 2 others. Find the T-6 Association website and Lori might be able to tell you how many T-6's are coming to PRS. Unlimited's may not have any or 1 or 2 for practice. Jet's there maybe a few as they hold a FAST card seminar just prior to PRS Monday-Wednesday.

Comment

Mon and Tues are Formation certification, so some flying involved. Each class has flying time on the other days, similar to race days - IF-1 and Bipes early in the day, bigger iron later.

PRS is groundschool classwork, with specified times for airwork, but not always on the course, but designated practice areas. The schedule should be up on the RARA site. PRS is for for the rookie pilots, not for the spectators. The gates are open, and the permanent grandstand is there, but the RARA hangar is off limits to the public. There will be the Volunteer Dinner by invitation/reservation. Check with RARA for time and cost.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	salmon 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	227915Click image for larger version

Name:	albion sunset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	227914

This year I will be at my summer hang out a little early June 12th – Aug 9th. At least every weekend God willing. See you in September
            John

Comment

Wow John, you tease!

Comment

Oh bugger... had a really super interesting response penned out and lost it.. Oh well..

Pretty sure I'll be there, one way or the other. Hoping big al and I will be able to come down in the "banana". AKA "Beer_Hauler"

All we need link to tie down and ground transport.

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm trying to make it, a buddy just bought a Pitts and will be there!

$$

I'll get ahold of you Wayne if I'm going.

Comment

Working...
                  X