Warlock question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlock question....

In Sunday's Gold race this year, Warlock seemed to have a pretty good battle with Two of Hearts before Mary got by.

When she did catch Al, how long did it take her to pass him? If anyone can refresh my memory on this I'd appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Warlock vs. Two Of Hearts

Well, If I remember correctly.........it did not take Mary too long to motor around "Big Red", "Wildcatter", "Warlock" and "Mystical Power"..........Pretty impressive performance in my opinion.......

We hope to give Mary (and Nick) a little better competition next year!! All the best, Randy Goss "Warlock" #75 Crew
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Run for her money

A couple of cal. 50's might do the trick...

GOOOOOOOOOO WARLOCK!
      You're the Dreadnaught of the T-6 class.
      Or is she the Warlock of the unlimiteds?
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hurrah

Yeah, let's hear it for the fastest "legal" T-6 on the ramp. :-)

Comment

Stock T-6

Thanks for the kind words!

All the T-6's that race must pass tech inspection.........

They are all "stock"........some are just FASTER "stock".....

Like I said- thanks for the kind words, stop by our pit next year-

I'll buy ya a cold one! RG
          RIP 03/17/10

Comment

There is one statment you will hear about racing, world wide, from the "Soap Box Derby" to the "Indy 500" and beyond; it is... that if you are "winning", you are "Cheating", if you are losing you are "Stock" or "Playing by the rules". It's all just part of the boo hoo. As big Lee Iacocca said "Lead, follow, or just get out of the way."

P/S. My T-6/SNJ is made out of Styrafoam.
            Mystical Power

Comment

Racing T-6's

Hey Tom!

Like I said.....all the racing T-6's have passed tech-
              so obviously none are cheating :-)

All the best, Randy Goss
              RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Randy,
                Who is the "Mystical Power" spokesmodel in the photo of every Reno program and how old is that picture?
                Chris...

Comment

Anyone wanna help finance my 95/100 scale T-6 project for the race circuit?

Comment

I dunno, man.....I hear that 'Fast Eddie' already sold Miss TNT. You might want to start knocking on the hangar door of the new owners and start taking some measurements and making drawings.

Speeddemon

Comment

"They are all "stock"........some are just FASTER "stock"....."

Hey Randy, don't you mean, "They are all stock.....it's just that some are "STOCKER".

Comment

Does this mean that "Wildfire" can't play? <g> And Randy H, 95/100 scale? Peas
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

On one hand,

It's all just part of the boo hoo. As big Lee Iacocca said "Lead, follow, or just get out of the way."

Spoken like a true cheater.

But on the other hand,
                          Some rules are open to interpretation. I'm sure there are some grey areas to the T-6 class rule book. I don't remember any protests filed this year, or anyone getting busted during tech. I wonder, how deep they go into the engine during tech? If someone is winning under the context of the rule book, more power to them! They've done their homework, set a goal, and acheved it!

I can say, as a fan who's raced before (motorcycles, not airplanes) I found Mary Dilda's 2nd place, a hollow victory. She started in last place, passed on the outside, and was in 2nd place within just a few laps. All this in a race class designed to have all the equipment pretty equal. I'm not slamming anyone here, I'm just speaking as a fan, that I personally found it a little suspect. I will say that her determination and piloting skills did come out during that race though. Even if a racer does have "a little more" than the next guy, it takes a good racer to do something with it.

Race 29
                          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                            On one hand,

It's all just part of the boo hoo. As big Lee Iacocca said "Lead, follow, or just get out of the way."

Spoken like a true cheater.<snip>
                            Oh... ouch... FOUL!

Tom Campau is one of the fiercest competitors out there, flies his T-6 out, sometimes, twice in a year, all the way from the Detroit (I think) area for the event and Pylon School...

I can't sit still and let you say this sort of thing about Tom without filing a "formal protest" on the board...

*IF* and I mean BIG IF there are any shenagins to be discussed within the T-6 group, then they will handle it within the T-6 group...

No tongue in cheek stuff from the groundlings here, OK?

Especially not direct stuff like this on Tom, who is one of the best guys in the biz...

Thanks In Advance,
                            Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                              Randy H, 95/100 scale? Peas
                              Let's say, hypothetically, that you built a T-6 up from scratch such that it was nearly full scale, but just a *little bit* smaller. I mean, we're talking minutae here -- centimeters, milimeters. Such that the overall effect is that the airplane is just *slightly* smaller aerodynamically, yet keeps the same engine and prop. Oh, yeah, *and* most importantly the differences would be so small that they wouldn't show up on a tech inspection or make someone raise an eyebrow if they just looked at it (prompting, perhaps, a more in-depth tech inspection!).

So, given two hypothetically equal airplanes where one was *slightly* smaller than the other one -- who do you think would have a speed advantage.

Sound like a good idea to win the T-6 class in a pretty sneaky way? I think so...

Sure wish I'd thought of it first, heh heh.

Comment

Working...
                              X