I miss BUCK SHOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss BUCK SHOTS

Besides I´m getting old, I must confess that I miss Buck Shots thread.
    I learned and enjoyed a lot from it.

Re: I miss BUCK SHOTS

If you are on Facebook. Follow the Reno Air Races page https://www.facebook.com/groups/13949458301/?fref=nf. He posts his stuff with regularity there. One of the reasons I joined.
    "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
      If you are on Facebook. Follow the Reno Air Races page https://www.facebook.com/groups/13949458301/?fref=nf. He posts his stuff with regularity there. One of the reasons I joined.
      We all miss Bucky's contributions greatly! He left with nary a word to anyone, jumped on the big facebook boat... To my knowledge, nobody did anything here that caused Bucky to leave. Less he just don't like me anymore?

I have a presence on FB but really REALLY hate the fact that it has literally sucked the life out of this website!

I suppose I could lie next to the pod, tie this website to an FB presence, do the "follow me" and whatever else they have!

Recently, while on a trip with a guest, who had his iPhone in hand the entire way telling me where we were and where he thought we should be (I've made the trip about 100 times, he only a few) annyyywaaay drifting off topic, I was amazed and disturbed to note that while on the trip, he constantly updated where "we" were.. "With Wayne Sagar at:" insert place!

I'm not really a "big brother conspiracy theory" sort of guy but... Not hard to look into the details of anyone's life by watching them on that thing.. Ever wonder how much of what you just did on your computer, what you bought, where you were based on your phone's GPS reporting, your computer's location via whatever means they have..

****.. I want my privacy!

We don't collect no frickin information about anyone here! We use cookies to keep you and I logged in, my damn malware cleaner deletes that stupid thing every time I reboot and I've got to dig out my passwords again..

Anyway.. /rant

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My wife runs her business through Facebook. I have an account that I have not logged into in at least a year...no use for it.
        Facebook, and even these sites, has changed the way people interact so much, and not for the good IMHO.
        Facebook to me is just gossip, and so many people use these message boards to be rude, insulting and to stroke their own egos. Anonymity breeds courage to act in ways they never would face to face. It kinda overshadows the huge amount of information that can be accessed this way, which is sad.

Not on your site though Wayne.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I seen a comment somewhere the other day that rings so true: "Remember when people had a diary and would get mad if anyone read it - now people put every little detail on facebook so everyone can read it !!!"

Comment

For what it's worth, I lurk...and there have been some outstanding historic racers photos posted in the last several months....

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
              My wife runs her business through Facebook. I have an account that I have not logged into in at least a year...no use for it.
              Facebook, and even these sites, has changed the way people interact so much, and not for the good IMHO.
              Facebook to me is just gossip, and so many people use these message boards to be rude, insulting and to stroke their own egos. Anonymity breeds courage to act in ways they never would face to face. It kinda overshadows the huge amount of information that can be accessed this way, which is sad.

Not on your site though Wayne.
              I know of one person we all love to hate has many different FB accounts and has been so good at disguising that fact that this person will go as far as having conversations with itself. If that is not a genuine sign of a sociopath...

Comment

Working...
              X