Lose an engine? NO PROBLEM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose an engine? NO PROBLEM!

NASA working on an 18 engine electric airplane design...

Time Story Here
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Lose an engine? NO PROBLEM!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    NASA working on an 18 engine electric airplane design...

Time Story Here
    Yes, I´m afraid that sooner or later it will appear a new air racer class, the electric one.
    Without sound?... Ugly.

Comment

I think electric powered vehicles will be a large part of our future.. that is, once we find the technology to create small, powerful fuel cells that convert *something* into electricity, packaged into something about the size of a battery today.

Tag, don't forget, a lot of the sound we hear at RENO is prop sound. This is exactly why some of the Sport Division airplanes sound so awesome.

If it files and it races, I'll do my best to be there!!!!!!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A bit off topic, but this thread made me think of something else.

One of the more fun experiences I ever had in a sim (757) was a lesson I learned in Reno - when "dead stick" aim for 1/3 down the runway.

So, with a dual engine failure from 6,000' on a southside downwind to LAX, that's just where I aimed. We touched down at about the 40% spot, so there was plenty of runway to get stopped (runway 25L).

My sim partner almost made the runway, but that's another story....

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I think electric powered vehicles will be a large part of our future.. that is, once we find the technology to create small, powerful fuel cells that convert *something* into electricity, packaged into something about the size of a battery today.

Tag, don't forget, a lot of the sound we hear at RENO is prop sound. This is exactly why some of the Sport Division airplanes sound so awesome.

If it files and it races, I'll do my best to be there!!!!!!
          I want to hear the sound of that thing that generates the power to turn that electric prop

Comment

Working...
          X