232 News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 232 News?

Any word at all about 232? Haven't heard a thing...

Re: 232 News?

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
    Any word at all about 232? Haven't heard a thing...
    Over 500 views and no one knows anything?

Where are all big time air race experts?

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
      Over 500 views and no one knows anything?

Where are all big time air race experts?

They all got sacked

Comment

I heard awhile back that she sold, to an undisclosed new owner. Of course that is internet-based intel, so bring the appropriately sized salt grain...

Comment

Originally posted by omalley1537 View Post
          I heard awhile back that she sold, to an undisclosed new owner. Of course that is internet-based intel, so bring the appropriately sized salt grain...
          From what I heard on the same rumor chain, is that the deal fell through...

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
            From what I heard on the same rumor chain, is that the deal fell through...
            That makes sense, I heard from a very reliable source it was sold, now crickets.

Comment

Geez, I remember when the rumors used to be so much better. People would drink and then log onto the internet and spew all kinds of madness about who, what, when and where. Then they would say somebody else told them all of this, and that person would show up and call them some sort of obscure insult that only about 6 people understood. But from what I heard from a guy....

Now that Hoot is in Strega, Tiger is actually going to be flying 232, just to show off that it's the pilot, not the plane that wins races. It should be an interesting race, since Thom sold PM to Rod Lewis so he can go back to IF1. PM is going to get renamed "Flashback" and Steve Sr is going to actually be racing her. Greenamyer will be in Czechmate and Voodoo will be getting a Griffon for this year's run. All the Seafuries are being retrofitted with carbon fiber airframes and The Bear will have a group of untested mods installed a few days before the races to ensure higher performance. The Jet class is being dropped to give room in the schedule for the new Super Cub class, and Honey Boo Boo will be this year's "Race Queen" to help draw in a bigger outside audience. Coke and Captain Morgan's are going together and debuting a new product called "Pit Crew" during the weekend of the races. The FAA will also have a fleet of drones patrolling showlines with "Shoot to kill" orders for any cuts so as to protect the other racers or some sort of endangered mammal that lives in the weeds near a pylon or something.

I'm pretty sure this is all true, because a buddy of mine's cousin who once saw a Corsair at an airshow said it was.....but what has everybody else heard?

Comment

Where's Sani_Hut when you need him?

Comment

I just heard from a VERY unreliable source that 232 is being turned to a TF-51. And yes I have been drinking.

Comment

Now this is true. While on Flight Radar24 earlier today I did track a Mig 17 N968 flying around Henderson,NV & then it headed East & off the screen. It was at around 13,000 ft travelling about 276K. Lo & behold N968 says it belongs to Thom Richards unless he sold it. Very interesting. How is he going to get it in the F1 races?
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                      Geez, I remember when the rumors used to be so much better. People would drink and then log onto the internet and spew all kinds of madness about who, what, when and where. Then they would say somebody else told them all of this, and that person would show up and call them some sort of obscure insult that only about 6 people understood. But from what I heard from a guy....
                      Sorry folks! Six months sober. What was I thinking?! Time to set sail!!

The rest of that message was brilliant though!!

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                        and Honey Boo Boo will be this year's "Race Queen" to help draw in a bigger outside audience. I'm pretty sure this is all true, because a buddy of mine's cousin who once saw a Corsair at an airshow said it was.....but what has everybody else heard?
                        Thats funny, I heard that the same cousin also stated that you are chaperoning Honey Boo and her mom to the RARA dinner, is that true??

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                          Where's Sani_Hut when you need him?
                          So what is the backstory on Sani-Hut in Air Racing?
                          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
                            So what is the backstory on Sani-Hut in Air Racing?
                            The FAA determined that most of the injury and fatality accidents on the course have resulted from impacts on the hard surface
                            that exists at the ground level, so Sani-Hut has received a large federal grant to pad the course to a depth of 20 feet with a
                            locally-sourced, bio-degradable turf that is expected to both cushion off-field landings and deter photographers and spectators
                            from trespassing inside the fenceline.

Comment

The Bear will have a group of untested mods installed a few days before the races to ensure higher performance
                              Sooo...business as usual, huh?

a
                              locally-sourced, bio-degradable turf
                              Yeah, we scrape that off our shoes every time we walk in a field here.

And you all have it wrong, 232 is safely tucked away under the wing of a B-32 on the dark side of the moon.
                              Really, I read it online so it HAS to be true.
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X