Posers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posers?

What do you think about current or past military personal who "boost" their resume with services never rendered? I know they exist in air racing, and are known, sometimes, as "Joe Poser"...

Thoughts?

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Posers?

If this were a poll, I'm sure it would be lop-sided. That is, I don't care much for those who claim glory for something they didn't do, it's pathetic at best; and I suspect that most members of this board don't or won't either.
    Last edited by FlyKidChris; 03-12-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I heard someone use the term "stolen valor". I think it's one of the lowest things anyone can do.

Comment

I had a guy do this to me and my band. He sat in, smokin keyboard player, looked the part, then proceeds to tell us he was in Rainbow with Blackmore. I'm sure he's pulled this on dozens of musicians, except he blew it this time because Im a superfan and keyboard player and there were just 6 keys guys in that band all of whom I can name and I knew he was lying. So I posted this on a forum and one of his friends showed up and said he'd done this to them, and told them he was Three Dog Night's keyboard player( the real one died this week, they did look alike) This guy has played with some famous people and is on a cd I own so he didn't need to do that. If you google him my story comes up right away. Busted.
        Last edited by John H; 03-13-2015, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Aside from me and my well-known exaggerations of saving the world in the Sky Pig, and Hacker's Mud Hen hangar flying...I'm just kind of curious about who is in question here. I know of at least one who's record didn't check out posthumously, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            Aside from me and my well-known exaggerations of saving the world in the Sky Pig, and Hacker's Mud Hen hangar flying...I'm just kind of curious about who is in question here. I know of at least one who's record didn't check out posthumously, but...
            I get the "big fish" type of story and rather enjoy listening to "colorized" stories by those who actually WERE, what they say they were.

In this case, it's a guy who when I first met him, was living the lie that he was a two time shot down Vietnam fighter pilot. Aside from tipping my BS meter a bit when I first met him, thinking at the time, "WOW... big story but.... I wasn't there, so...". Through a local newspaper story about his "exploits" he was "outed" by some REAL heroes several years ago but outside of that circle, he kept up the front...

I never had the heart to tell him that I knew he was a LIAR..

Sometime later, I accidently tripped him up and he just went on like he'd never been a "fighter pilot in mind only".. "no, I was just a grunt, I worked on them"....

Had to spend a bunch of hours with the guy recently trapped in the cab of my truck and between his constant badgering me about my driving, no matter what I had, his was better, what I'd done in life, he'd done the same thing only was an expert at it... "oh you drove a fork-lift... yea, so did I... no wait, I owned a fork-lift company... no.. I INVENTED the machine!"... a real life Cliff Claven (Cheers) I finally lost it and severed the relationship... Damn near left his ass at the nearest rest stop!

OK.. now you ask who this is, I guess that's probably why I posted this here.

What do you do about someone like this?

Go public?

Disown Disavow?

"Stolen Valor" that really is a bad thing! It disrespects EVERYONE who ever sacrificed ANYTHING to protect the world.. how do you tolerate someone like that!! I did, for years, I will, no longer!

But do I have an obligation as a "reporter" to go public?

Been sick about this for a few days now...
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              PS... we lov your Sky Pig stories Bradly!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

"But do I have an obligation as a "reporter" to go public?

Been sick about this for a few days now..."

Well young man, you have to go with your gut feeling here and do what you feel is right, especially if it effects that way.

Your website has been successful for a reason. I think your character DNA is straight up/honest/no Bull sh_t.

I'll hoist a beer/s in your honor his afternoon.

Hans

Comment

I would name names and blast him. I think my guy has vanished since I shamed him. These people have guts, because everyone has a smart phone now and you can't get away with it anymore. There's a phony in Vegas -Domenick Allen tries to claim he was Foreigner in 1990. The problem is the band were inactive that year and he has zero proof he was in the band. He can't even sing the songs in the right key anyway.

Comment

Brush it aside and move on Wayne. Nothing to gain by exposing him. He may lash out and then it gets ugly. Better to leave it be. Just not worth your time.

GP

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                      Brush it aside and move on Wayne. Nothing to gain by exposing him. He may lash out and then it gets ugly. Better to leave it be. Just not worth your time.

GP
                      This is my first inclination, it's not worth the heartache/stress.... I suppose I'd find it hard to keep quiet if I saw something posted anywhere...
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        What do you think about current or past military personal who "boost" their resume with services never rendered? I know they exist in air racing, and are known, sometimes, as "Joe Poser"...

Thoughts?

Interesting Census Stats and Been There Wanabees: 1,713,823 of those who served in Vietnam were still alive as of August, 1995 (census figures). of During that same Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country was: 9,492,958. of As of the current Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Vietnam Veteran population estimate is: 1,002,511.

Sgt. Thomas Campau USMC
                        RVN 1966, 1967, 1968
                        Reno ('02) & Tunica ('05) Gold One
                        Mystical Power

Comment

<>
                          Been sick about this for a few days now...
                          Stop doin' that.
                          You've already spent too much tolerating his BS, don't let it consume any more of your time.
                          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

This is my first inclination, it's not worth the heartache/stress.... I suppose I'd find it hard to keep quiet if I saw something posted anywhere...
                            Remember Wayne - you must use your power for good, not evil
                            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                              Remember Wayne - you must use your power for good, not evil
                              "The force is strong in this one"

Comment

Working...
                              X