Hey Ken Dwelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ken Dwelle

Ken -- Congratulations on the debut of "Kitchen Pass". She really looked great out there, and seemed to run fine. A Silver win weeks after the first flight is a pretty impressive achievement. Next year should be interesting...

Neal
    Attached Files

Looking good!
    Attached Files

Comment

Ken Dwelle

I will second the congratulations on the first outing for "Kitchen Pass". I know TJ has some course time with your previous T-6 racer, but was this your first competition as a race pilot? How did it stack up to your stick time in the Nighthawk? I hope you received the photos I sent you from the pylons. I will try to attach them so everyone has a chance to see your piloting skills. Look forward to seeing you and "Kitchen Pass" next year.

Dave

Comment

Arriving in style...

Comment

Sorry -- Hit the wrong button.
          Attached Files

Comment

Another shot...
            Attached Files

Comment

On the course
              Attached Files

Comment

Ken --- Hope you're recovering from the flu... I must say the news of your Dad's retirement is a shocker ... I have enjoyed photographing him in at least 4 racers over these however many years. He'll be missed by all us fans of Air Racing!

Hope to see you back next September -- in whatever airplane!

Neal
                Attached Files

Comment

Neal-

Thanks for the photo's, nice work as usual. I don't have a lot of pictures because the airplane is so new, so I'm happy to see them. Still trying to kick the end of this flu, it's been almost two weeks since I first got the muscle aches. I don't ever remember being this sick for so long- sucks. I suspect Dad got it from me because he is about four days behind me in this cycle.

Dave-

Yes, I got your photo's they too are beautiful. Thanks very much. I went to send an E-Mail and thank you but the message had timed out and I did not have your address saved. Did not even think of this forum.
                  You asked about previous race experience. I raced a couple of different T-6's at Reno and Phoenix between 1993 and 1997. Best prior to this year was 2nd Bronze in our old yellow T-6G.
                  As to comparing a T-6 race to the 117? It's like night and day....no comparison. The 117 was a medium altitude autopilot airplane. I was flying the F-16 when I first got qual'd at Reno. I recall thinking at the time that 50' and 200 knots in a T-6 was a lot more exciting than 500' and 600 knots in an F-16. I had just never had the opportunity to fly so low before. They are just different tasks. The formation skills I learned in the military, however, are directly applicable to racing.

-Ken

Comment

"Kitchen Pass"

Ken,

I just wanted to thank you and TJ for the tour of "Kitchen Pass"
                    at Reno. You did a GREAT job on the airplane.......

I'm betting we will see #7 in the Gold race next year-
                    you Dwelle's sure know how to go FAST!

Was great seeing you race again Ken!

All the best, Randy Goss
                    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

T-6

I've been wondering what she looks like! Any close ups? CR.

Comment

oops!

Sorry, I found them,,,CR.

Comment

Working...
                        X