2013 Jet Class Accident NTSB Findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Jet Class Accident NTSB Findings

Todays local stations are reporting on this 2013 incident. Sad that they still keep wanting to tie in the 2011 accident.

Re: 2013 Jet Class Accident NTSB Findings

For those of you who would rather read the actual report, rather than the KOLO drivel -

Comment

If it hadn't happened, they wouldn't be talking about it.

Jarrod

Comment

At least they didn't say "elderly stunt pilot"

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
          If it hadn't happened, they wouldn't be talking about it.

Jarrod
          I'm getting old, so, behind a bit sometimes.. but I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean in that statement???

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            I'm getting old, so, behind a bit sometimes.. but I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean in that statement???

As much as I loathe the linking of the past with any current news*, if Leeward's accident in 2011 hadn't happened, the new media wouldn't be linking it to the issuance of this report.

*"News" is by definition, a report of a recent nature. So linking "news" to history is an anathema to me.

Comment

Originally posted by f8f1 View Post
              For those of you who would rather read the actual report, rather than the KOLO drivel -

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.av...3LA270B&akey=2
              Too bad they left out all the juicy parts about his first and second attempt at landing.. We briefed this in the sport class and determined there were a number of 'lessons' to be learned and it was an example of how not to handle an emergency.
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

If some celebrity goes into rehab again, they also mention any past history of drug trouble. (And no I'm not comparing air racing to having a drug problem even though one could say I'm addicted.) Just the way the news works.

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                X