ANOTHER THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH ~ PILOT IS OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH ~ PILOT IS OK

ANOTHER THUNDER MUSTANG CRASHED IN ARIZONA THIS MORNING ~ THE PILOT SKIP WALKER IS OK AND WAS ABLE TO WALK FROM THE CRASH WITH SOME HELP ~ HE SUFFERED A BROKEN NOSE AND FRACTURE TO HIS CHEEK BONE ~ ENGINE FAILURE WAS HIS COMMENT AS TO THE CAUSE ~ POSSIBLE OIL PRESSURE ISSUE ~ THE AIRPLANE IS DESTROYED BUT MY HEART IS EASED KNOWING HE WILL BE FINE ~ I WILL POST MORE INFORMATION AS I LEARN DETAILS.

SOLO

Arizona Breaking news, local stories, and On Your Side investigations from the state’s largest television newsroom.
    Last edited by Cloudchaser427; 10-24-2014, 12:16 PM. Reason: new info

Re: ANOTHER THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH ~ PILOT IS OK

What the heck is up with the sudden rash of engine failures on TMs? 3 lost in the past 3 months? Not good.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      What the heck is up with the sudden rash of engine failures on TMs? 3 lost in the past 3 months? Not good.

Will
      Something going on with those Falconer V-12 engines loosing oil pressure ~ mine is having the same problem now and is grounded until a problem is found and fixed ~ Pulling the engine out this weekend, disassemble for inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427 View Post
        Something going on with those Falconer V-12 engines loosing oil pressure ~ mine is having the same problem now and is grounded until a problem is found and fixed ~ Pulling the engine out this weekend, disassemble for inspection.
        I would be interested in knowing what the problem turns out to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427 View Post
          Good to hear you found the low oil pressure before it became an issue. Its cheaper that way I wonder if its an internal issue with the oil pumps or something like that? It might be worth doing a little research to see if the ones with issues were built around the same time and use engines with close serial numbers. It might not be a bad idea to voluntarily ground all the TMs (Yeah that sucks I know) till the issue can be found and fixed. If its a flaw in the design of an internal part that fails at X hrs of use, it means others will be lost when it happens. No sense in more loss of life or property.

I like TMs, it would be really sad if there was another loss of life and the next of kin went after the company in a lawsuit that shuts them down over something that might be comparatively cheap and easy to fix.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
            Good to hear you found the low oil pressure before it became an issue. Its cheaper that way I wonder if its an internal issue with the oil pumps or something like that? It might be worth doing a little research to see if the ones with issues were built around the same time and use engines with close serial numbers. It might not be a bad idea to voluntarily ground all the TMs (Yeah that sucks I know) till the issue can be found and fixed. If its a flaw in the design of an internal part that fails at X hrs of use, it means others will be lost when it happens. No sense in more loss of life or property.

I like TMs, it would be really sad if there was another loss of life and the next of kin went after the company in a lawsuit that shuts them down over something that might be comparatively cheap and easy to fix.

Will
            I agree with grounding them all, no sense in losing lives or airframes over a known problem, that just wouldn't be right! Hope we have seen the last of the accidents, don't want to see anymore of those beauties destroyed with their owners
            Very relieved that he made it out ok!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
            X