The new Critical Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Critical Mass

For folks that haven't seen her recently, got the nose cone on! Album from this last weekend.

It's sad, very sad

Reno from '99 to '22

Re: The new Critical Mass

Would rather see it back to stock than sitting in pieces or ignored and corroding away........................

The airframe is pretty unique too.

Comment

It`s a very nice work on her, but as you say, it is very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        For folks that haven't seen her recently, got the nose cone on! Album from this last weekend.

It's sad, very sad

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1643526&type=3
        You scared the $h(t out of me with that one!

I'd seen a series of pictures somewhere with Tom in a flight suit... well...

Not sad, it's their airplane, they certainly sacrificed enough blood sweat and tears to that thing to do with it whatever they please..

Do we all miss seeing her sexy body on the ramp as CM?? HELL YES!

But God Bless the Dwelle's for keeping her alive! Although, in a new "dress"...

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          You scared the $h(t out of me with that one!

I'd seen a series of pictures somewhere with Tom in a flight suit... well...

Not sad, it's their airplane, they certainly sacrificed enough blood sweat and tears to that thing to do with it whatever they please..

Do we all miss seeing her sexy body on the ramp as CM?? HELL YES!

But God Bless the Dwelle's for keeping her alive! Although, in a new "dress"...

My exact thoughts;
          I'd so much rather see it in airworthy stock configuration, than as a pile of parts scattered across a hangar floor...

Comment

Any idea when she'll fly?
            Have they given any hint about bring it to Reno?
            She looks great, sorry she isn't a "hot rod" racer anymore...............but gotta love warbirds too.
            Thanks
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              Any idea when she'll fly?
              Have they given any hint about bring it to Reno?
              She looks great, sorry she isn't a "hot rod" racer anymore...............but gotta love warbirds too.
              Thanks
              Brian
              I saw on Facebook that it should be ready to fly by next year.
              Not sure whether they will race it or not -one person said no, and the other said "Tom knows how cool it would be to see it race again just for nostalgia. Ken will be the race pilot if it happens."

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                I saw on Facebook that it should be ready to fly by next year.
                Not sure whether they will race it or not -one person said no, and the other said "Tom knows how cool it would be to see it race again just for nostalgia. Ken will be the race pilot if it happens."
                Have you heard about any paint scheme? Would be cool to see a new paint job like they did with Furias, used ideas from the past Furias scheme and cleaned it up to make a gorgeous plane. It would be hard to make a "new" Critical Mass scheme without making it look crazy because the orange and black but hey, would add more to that nostalgia factor. Dreadnought even has the color red (a warm color) down the whole plane and it looks very cleanly done, without looking fully like a race plane. Maybe make it Argonaut grey with an orange stripe Whatever they do it'll be cool and original, that's what they do with all the Furies.

Wonder if that red nose cone is going to stay red? That hints at the colors...
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Have you heard about any paint scheme? Would be cool to see a new paint job like they did with Furias, used ideas from the past Furias scheme and cleaned it up to make a gorgeous plane. It would be hard to make a "new" Critical Mass scheme without making it look crazy because the orange and black but hey, would add more to that nostalgia factor. Dreadnought even has the color red (a warm color) down the whole plane and it looks very cleanly done, without looking fully like a race plane. Maybe make it Argonaut grey with an orange stripe Whatever they do it'll be cool and original, that's what they do with all the Furies.

my guess would be whatever paintjob it had while in military service.

Comment

What I heard is that it will be the color of the drop tanks, so silver?

Might be a similar scheme to this.

Comment

What I heard is that it will be the color of the drop tanks, so silver?

Might be a similar scheme to this.
                      http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/ai...viltonUK_1.jpg
                      Change the yellow to orange!! LOL!

Is the nose cone that is on it in those pictures the same from when it raced, just not painted yet?
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Change the yellow to orange!! LOL!

Is the nose cone that is on it in those pictures the same from when it raced, just not painted yet?
                        That makes the most sense to me.

Here's a picture from when she was in the Royal Navy,
                        I'm willing to bet that's what the paint scheme will look like.

Comment

That makes the most sense to me.

Here's a picture from when she was in the Royal Navy,
                          I'm willing to bet that's what the paint scheme will look like.

http://www.seafury10.com/royal-navy-history.html
                          Is that about the same scheme as "Tempest Fugit"?
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

IF they were to bring it back to race just one more time it would be very cool, kind of a closure thing.
                            It could even be dressed up as the old CM using the colored wax paint like Hillard used and Hinton used for movie work...
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                            X