• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Voodoo Pic

Another photo from the west side.

Rick
    Attached Files

Beautiful!!! I got to get out there (you mean there's more than just the bottom of the racers?).

Bill Pearce
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

It's well worth spending a day out there if for nothing else than to get a different angle. You don't see much of the rest of the show or other race classes unless you have some binoculars but the wait pays off for 10 or 15 minutes every few hours with high speed flybys.

I too was surprised to see that there actually was a topside of the wings and pilots in the cockpits while they fly. Something you don't see much of when you watch from the pits or the grandstands.

Rick

Comment

Location?

Where exactly is this at. I was out by the fence just south of Red Rock road on Friday. I assume this is much farther down the fence, right?

Comment

It's about a quarter of the way between pylon 6 and 7. It's about at the point where the racers start to flatten out as they round the pylon and head down towards 7.

Rick

Comment

Thanks, If I make it next year I'll have to try there. Can you see over the fence, or do you need to stand on something? I thought about standing on the rental car this year, but decided that it probably would not be the smartest thing to do.

Comment

I could see over the fence from where I was standing without resorting to damaging the roof of my car. On the downside there were power lines that partially interfered with view up the hill towards pylon 6. For most of the racers it wasn't a big deal but Dago and Voodoo seemed to prefer coming wide around the pylon. I've got quite a few shots with telephone poles and power lines going through picture.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is the "place."
                Attached Files
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

And some shots there are better than others -- WAY! It's like throwing the ball before it's caught! Ugh!!! That and the time lag on a basic point & shoot digital that you bought for your wife on her birthday, but that you use all the time instead.
                  Attached Files
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Yep, that's the 'place' alright.

Peashooter, what day(s) where you out there?

Rick

Comment

Saturday, but only for the bronze race. Peas
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

My son and I spent all of Saturday out there. We had our two seats parked right behind the white Honda Prelude and I was the one making sure nobody stood in front of me during the race.

It got successively crowded out there with each Unlimited race. During the Gold there must have been at least two dozen cars and 100+ people there.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X