NXT News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT News?

Hey all, has the NXT flown yet? Any pics? I'm dying to see it!

Red
    Red
    chanting...400+

Tight lipped on this one Wayner?

Red
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
      Tight lipped on this one Wayner?

Red
      To my knowledge, they have not flown... but from the timeline of my last conversation with them, they are VERY close. Actually, I've been trying to stay out of their hair because every minute they spend talking with me, is a a minute they spend away from concentrating on finishing..

They are, as of last check in, scheduled to have their public debut at Aviation Nation 2003 The Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas Air Show Nov 15-16

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Wayne.

Red
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Red,
          I have driven by Mojave twice in 3 weeks transiting to and from model airplane contests and my wife will not let me stop for the same reason as Wayne, it cost's them time. They are such a nice polite couple they will stop and talk, while the minutes tick by. Last time I saw it (August 30) there was a ton of work to be done, but it was basically in one piece and the engine mounted. It is way slicker than one can imagine.

Chris...

Comment

Hate To Do This....

I almost hate to "break" the news, especially here, but... I spoke with Trish for a few minutes last night...

Very likely, they will not make it to Nellis....

As I mentioned in an earlier "bit" on the airplane, Trish was involved in a pretty serious head-on auto accident not long before Reno. The physical problems and discomfort she's been experiencing from that event have slowed her participation in the build process to a great extent..

Trish is a key member of the build process and.. with one of the members of the team not at 100%, they have just had t slow the build down and.. they are not going to be ready in time for Nellis..

Unsure what event will be the public debut at this time, I'd suspect maybe.. Sun-n-Fun next April??

Anyway, as Chris said, the airplane is slick beyond imagination, we'll try to keep everyone abreast of when it's ready and flown for the first time..

Get Well Trish!!!!!!!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Chris

I'm a hardcore RC'r too. In fact I own the LHS!

Later
              Red

P.s. Are you into IMAC or what?
              Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

Red,
                Actually I am into C/L Precision Aerobatics. I can say that IMAC and TOC models got me into full scale aerobatics. I figured out how much it would cost to compete to the TOC level and have a back up ship and I bought my first Pitts for about the same money!

Chris...

Comment

C/L huh? Ted Fancher lives in my neck of the woods. My dad is getting bsck into C/L. I gave him a Top Flight FliteStreak and Nobler ARF for his birthday. He put my pristine OS .26 stroker on the Streak, I hope he doesn't bury it!

I've built a few C/L speed models for a buddy. My 1/2A profile proto is all carbon vacuum bagged and weighs 3oz less engine. We are less that 2 mph off a new world record.

Never did much C/L except when I was a kid. I could probably be talked into some combat though.

Maybe I'll catch you next year in Reno.

Red
                  Red
                  chanting...400+

Comment

I never could get into C/L. I am not built like the Tasmanian Devil, I can't take all the spinning around. Plane doesn't fly too well when after a few orbits the pilot falls on his A$$.....LOL So I stick with R/C. Plan on building an indoor Rarebear.....
                    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Hi John

I assume you've seen the one that Hobby Lobby has. I have a Jim Ryan kit that I converted into Rare Bear that flies well, but too fast for indoor. I started drawings for an IPS powered one, just havn't got a rountuit yet!

Red
                      Red
                      chanting...400+

Comment

Hey Red, yes I saw that one but I want BIGGER!! I know that the Hobby Lobby bear can fly indoors. I want bigger and slower for more realistic scale looking flight. If you get it drawn up, gonna let me see? I would like to share plans. I am having mine printed now.
                        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Did someone say IMAC? Thought you might like to see my 3D machine.
                          I'm not a big fan of the white w/colored line IMAC planes.
                          H9 Cap, 97", 120 hand cut checkerboards on each side. PPG Concept paint on the cowl and fairing, BME 105, 21 lbs.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Cool Chris......Voodoo MAC!

Red
                            Red
                            chanting...400+

Comment

Working...
                            X